Places to visit around Arillas, by feet or wheels.

Started by Eggy, November 03, 2008, 04:02:40 PM

BeckyB

I can't believe we haven't done it yet Kev. Very much on my 'to do' list for next time though :-)

kevin.g

becks must admit ,i do cheat ,i always have a scooter out,duration of stay,,nice to buzz up to afionas ,when the heat hits arillas,so can always stop off to niteowl on way up or way down ,,,,,,,,,,yammas

Sandy x

Sandy x

Vaughan & Angie

Can anyone advise as to the length of time and the distance and the route to Sidari by foot?

Please!

justphil

Anything like a stopoff at NightNurse kev?

Jen and me have heard so much good about Night Owl and have NEVER been. This will be corrected in July. We don't often adventure far, but we will then. But not on foot...

Sandy luvver - we both prefer a limited home cooked menu. It makes deciding so much easier, and good food with a homely welcome is much tastier than Michelin Stars and Mortgages needed to pay for it! After all you can only eat so much, and Arillas always feeds me till I burst.

Anyway kev. Who is this Sandy and Becks? I thought it was supposed to be Posh and Becks??? Are they the new Arillas celebrities???   Probably true...

(So sorry Sandy for lining you up as Posh - yer about as posh as me and the rest of us....)

Will quit while I'm losing
lol
Phil

kevin.g

well phil .
its in the blood for a nite nurse ,,,say no more ,,and as for posh oopps,,i mean sandy ,shes welcome at my table any day ,as for becky ,,well still to meet ,but im sure a lady like the rest ,,,and as for phil/jen ,true gentry and hopefully good freinds in this life time.........yammas..ps get up to night owl you wiil be in your element...............

BeckyB

Posh & Becks!!!
You make me laugh Phil - you say the funniest things :-) :-)

justphil

Ah kev, thanks for bringing me back down to earth. Everyone is too posh for me... I can't be bothered with all that rubbish. I haven't got time to be posh. But it all depends what you mean by "posh."

Everyone I've met on here and all those locals in Arillas are creative, thoughtful, friendly and beautiful people - er "not-posh." Money, education, inheritance etc mean nothing to me. Life is about JOY. A cup of tea. A Mythos. Lying on the beach. Roula's sofrito....

Sorry all. Nine months without being home makes me a very sad individual. My anorak is in bits, and it can only get worse....
Phil

kevin.g

totally agree phil
i think its to do with the seasons ,,winter 12 months a year,,so i understand as for anorack <tosh>..your a man of words and feelings .......so i raise my glass to you both,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,xxxx kev/kay.........yammas .

TONYNEW

Hi Vaughan &Angie the distance to Sidari from Arillas is just under 7 miles it takes around 20 minutes on a scooter via San Stef and Avliotes if you have google earth you can plot the path
I would imagine it might be a tad on the warm side to walk it depending on what time of year you go, if you do leg it take plenty of water and your sun hats lol
                                          Tony

BeckyB

Hi there Vaughan & Angie,
Glad that Tony stepped in to give you the distances by scooter - that's certainly the way I would recommend going - or taxi perhaps?
Not to put you off & not because I'm an unhealthy sort, but I'd be pretty careful if you were going to do it on foot as the sun can be rather deceptive.
However, there may be those far more in the know than me & perhaps someone might be able to suggest a relatively shaded walking route to Sidari :-)
Anyway, if you do decide to 'hoof' it, make sure you tell us how you get on :-)
Have a great holiday!
BeckyB x

Eggy

Quote from: Nan on March 04, 2009, 06:32:04 PM
http://www.shoarns.com/Corfu.html
EGGY

Is it Jean Marsh ... says Walsh on the posters? I think you should get her organised with a website so we can see her work it would keep us going thru the Winter. Nan x

Nan and all
I've just found this and of course you're right. It is Jean WALSH - Not sure what I was drinking that day and well done Nan for being on the ball!

Jean is planning a website, but is still busy at the moment ,  so I'll keep you posted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This topic may be a good one to keep open , especially as many of you have done Arillas this year. - I'm sure some have discovered little places which may interest others.
Anyone got any pics  from the Gravia Bar for example. - I've not been up there yet.

Cheers
Negg

MaryH

Hi Eggy
When we were in Arillas last week we made several trips to Gravia Bar and it is really lovley the views are fantastic and the furnitre, the location and the decor is perfection. Here is a photo I took of the inside of the bar. They do fantastic freshly squeezed orange juices and for those who like beer, lovely icy cold beers. Here is a piccy

Take Care
Mary

justphil

Thanks for your post Mary. Like Eggy, we haven't made it up there yet. Had it in our sights but the prospect of climbing the hill from Kaloudis was just too daunting on the one slot we had left. We only went for 2 weeks this year, and missed out loads. Having read your report and seen the pic, we will definitely be there next time.

love
Phil

Sandy x

I went there last time Mary and agree - the view is fantastic as is the orange juice. Did you venture further up the hill to where Nikos is building his bar? That view is even better because it takes in San Stef as well.

Sorry I missed you by the way - I'm sure my last week must have overlapped with you. Next year....
Sandy x