ATM in Arillas Thanks to you, WE MADE IT

Started by dimitris, February 24, 2007, 06:11:10 PM

dimitris

After a lot of efforts from several people in Arillas we have managed to get an ever wanted ATM.
Today the service people from EUROBANK came and installed the main parts of the machine at ARKOKAL TRAVEL where it will be situated in Arillas.
A big thank you to all the people who have been requesting it to all of us  over the past years, and those who voted at arillas.com surveys about what Arillas needs more
It was very difficult for the banks to afford to have one in Arillas as the amount of people visiting the area
was never enough (for the bank).
In one of my last years meetings with the Bank manager Mr Nikolouzos, I had tried to persuade him to do it for us, explaining to him how vital this for the area is and that Arillas, being in the middle of the beaches of Agios Stefanos and Agios georgios within walking distance, is the ideal Location for an ATM.
I had also said that even if this was not enough we were going to sponsor the fee for it's property rental.
After Mr NIkolouzos had seen the syrvey on our website he was able to start thinking positive and he finaly sent us the banks System engineers to investigate the areas.
So today I can say that YES in Arillas we have an ATM and it is situated right in the centre at Arkokal travel near Armourada Restaurant and Brouklis Taverna!

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
Learn About what the Locals want you to know while in Arillas

vivian

Hooray, Thanks for being our speaker. Love Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

dimitris

Hi viv I forgot to say that the Bank manager is a big fan of our beach especially the right end where you and pete go!!!
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
Learn About what the Locals want you to know while in Arillas

Eileen

Well done everyone on a great result!

I know for sure that I will be beating a well worn path down to the 'hole in the wall'!

Eileen.xx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

vivian

Hi Dimitris, I'm not surprised about that, must be a man with good taste.
Love to Litza. Viv & Pete

Stay Nude it ante rude

Erja

Hello Dimitri,

Most excellent news! This will make my and my friends holiday in August even more relaxed and stress free.
Thank you for all the voters for making the effort :)
Life is good ;)

mumsy2

voni

This information is SOoooooo useful to us, thanks so much!!!  I was worried about what to do, you know, should we take travellers cheques, should we take sterling, should we take euros.....I keep checking what everyone else is doing on the site and there's been loads of really good advice, but I really wanted to be able to take our Nationwide card with us and just get cash out when we wanted to (as we usually do on holiday.......and its commission free too) and now we can!!

Von

harold

Thats great news Dimitri,Sally and I will use it,must look for the Bank manager on the beach,will he be the one with pin striped skin LOL
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

steve3456

Jo Wissett

It doesn't take much to make us all so happy eh!! Will there be a charge to use this ATM as per the majority of 'rip-off- Britain?

vivian

I was thinking he might have a bowler hat on. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Maggie

YEAAAAAAHHHHHH! Good work Dimitri!
    Thank you.

Maggie

Just a query here, will there be a charge to withdraw from a greek bank account?
  Does anybody know?

iluvsangeorge

Thanks Dimitri. Well done !!

The information is worth knowing for Agios Georgios visitors too.

Dennis