Welcome to Arillas > Car, Bike and Boat rentals

Siesta/places to see

(1/2) > >>

Denny:
hi
My wife and i are new to Arillas and Corfu.Visited some islands on the Aegean sea over 30 years ago ,loved the people and culture.Alas circumstances dictate only returning now.Few questions .
what time is siesta and do all shops ,restaurants shut down.
renting car for a few days,any suggestions on a few routes and villages to see.

soniaP:
Hi Denny welcome to the forum. No the shops and restaurants stay open all day.

JohnTheRef&Dot:
Welcome to the forum and Arillas. I'm here right now and things are shaping up for a fabulous summer. Places open all day so no problem there
As for places to visit point the car and just drive stop where you feel and admire Corfu.
If you take a look on Amazon you can find a book on Corfu villages by Steve Ford there are lots of villages he has recorded and it may help.
You will just love Arillas though you won't need to be any place else

cypress:
Hi Denny

Welcome!

When are you going? I'll be there for most of July, so if you're both there then I might bump into you :-). If I remember, some of the shops and restaurants in Corfu town do still close on a Wednesday and Saturday afternoon, but mostly the touristy ones stay open 7 days a week during the peak periods of the year. As for a siesta, I have mine about 5 til 6 which fits in nicely with getting up about 10 and not getting to bed til at least 2. That little nap is one of my luxuries -  being able to have the balcony doors open, listening to the sounds of the village and the cicadas while dozing off ...... I can't wait to be there this time. I can't bear the wait every time!   

If you've got a car, then my suggestion would be not to miss Paleokastritsa, preferably after the coach parties have left in the afternoon, definitely Doukades, definitely Corfu Town - one of my favourite European capitals, and definitely Agni Bay. If you're interested in donkeys, then the Corfu Donkey Sanctuary is an amazing place for a visit too. And, my award for the best village goes to .... Afionas.  It is in walking distance, but better with transport because it's uphill all the way. If I had transport I'd be there everyday. 

Denny:
Thank you all for warm welcome to website, i have been reading past entries and gaining much info.
We are really looking forward to holidaying in Arillas and meeting locals and vistors ,sounds like a lot of characters in Arillas.
thanks to sonia p,johnthe ref and dot lucky you on hols early and will look up book by steve ford.
cypress we are on hols start of july and i'm sure our paths will cross as we have same routine as yourself . As holidays progress nights get longer and rising time gets later.
will definately visit paleo,affionas, san steph and explore arillas and its watering holes.
Is Sunday a good day to visit corfu town.
Microbrewery looks fab any recommendations for the beer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version