Author Topic: Thomson.Cancelled contract.  (Read 12899 times)

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Thomson.Cancelled contract.
« on: February 15, 2006, 05:11:41 PM »
We have had a letter from Thomson today saying that they can no longer offer  holidays at the bardis sun. We have been staying there for years and were booked to go twice this year. We are bitterly disappointed.BUT have changed to go to the Kaloudis instead.Glad just to be able to still go to Arillas. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 05:33:28 PM »
i tried to book at the bardis hotel before christmas i could get a price when i tried to book after christmas for september i couldnt get a price online or in the shop. i am staying at the kaloudous may and september this year, but like yourselves i have stayed at the bardis for the last 5 years. alex

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 05:53:03 PM »
Hi Alex.

Do you think we will like the Kaloudis. Trying to decide where to go in June as only larger apartments available at the Kaloudis and don't want to pay the extra.may end up going back to Ibiza. As we fly from the local airport we are limited to where we can go.

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 06:09:19 PM »
my sons have stayed at the kaloudous and they look very clean and well equipted, we got a good price for may, but i like to get booked early to make sure i get my yearly fix of arilas. i will be asking costos who he is going with, i new the studios was now with someone else, but as far as i new the bardis hotel was staying with thomson alex

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 06:21:30 PM »
When we were there last August Dorita said they were staying with Thomson which is why we booked.So we were not very happy when the letter arrived this afternoon. Yeah next door are with another company but the flights are a bit restrictive. We like to go from either Norwich or Stansted.

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 06:37:09 PM »
i have just phoned aris up but unfortunately he wasnt there, and i got someone who couldnt speak much english, i will try again later and find out whats going on, i prefer flying on  a friday and so far all the other companies fly on a mon, unless you want horrid flights, but i would put up with that if it means i could go back to the bardis next year. alex

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 06:49:00 PM »
Have sent a pm.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 11:08:18 AM »
We are going to the Galini and they look great. We booked through T.Cook. The Galini website is www.galini-hotel.com.  There is a map in progress on this site that shows you the location too.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
Kaloudis
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 06:18:21 PM »
Hi

We have stayed at the Kaloudis twice and always found the apartments to be excellent quality. The Galini always looks immaculate too so im sure both will be fab choices.  Word of warning though, Billy at the Kaloudis is a tad grumpy so be careful, especially if (god forbid) you get water on his precious grass! I kid you not!!!

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 07:32:23 PM »
Decided to cancel both holidays with Thomson as our own little protest at what they have done to tha Bardis sun.We are now going with Thomas Cook to the Galini from Stansted at a fraction of the price.

Offline annie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Kaloudis
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 11:54:26 AM »
Quote from: Lisa and Steve
Hi Alex.

Do you think we will like the Kaloudis. Trying to decide where to go in June as only larger apartments available at the Kaloudis and don't want to pay the extra.may end up going back to Ibiza. As we fly from the local airport we are limited to where we can go.

I think you will like the Kaloudis. When you have worked ther are two brothers Billy and ??? cant remember .One runs the Shop the other the bar. You cant eat ice cream etc around the pool unless you have brought from the bar.The place is great and we had a fab time went up to the Bardis for the quiz night last year we had a great eve so all in all i think if you go to the Kaloudis you will have a great holiday.

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 02:51:46 PM »
Hi all we have stayed at Kaloudis 3 times in the past and yes whilst Billy is a bit grumpy hes not all that bad, the second visit to arrilas we went with manos(10yr ago) and we didnt not have a good apt, so we found ourselves visiting the Kaloudis every day, then Billys son was there the one who had moved to new york or was it chicago,(he used to come back for the summer season) he was a great guy, hence the following year we started staying at Kaloudis.The last time we were there was in 2000 no sign of the son, but we still enjoyed as we like to vist the lower end of the beach and the kaloudis is just right for us.
However in 2003 we tried to book for 2 weeks in aug but the prices were too high for the 3 of us, so instead for an extra £1000 we went long haul and did malasyia for 16nights all 5*.
Last year I couldnt get a week at any time at the right price for 4 of us so ended up in sunny spain.......what a disaster
so Im looking forward to a week in june and if we can another week at late sept when the seas real warm.
Kaloudis is fine, clean and the shops on the door step so just go and enjoy Arrilas
Ang

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2006, 12:06:40 PM »
Sally and I decided to stop using Thompson when they started charging for food on the planes and aslo charging for window seats and extra leg room and the transfers,£10 for each,they said that it would make the holidays cheaper,what a laugh.
We used to use Manos and found them very good,but the we discovered Lybra flying from Exeter so Manos have lost us.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2006, 12:59:43 PM »
Wow!  All those extras do knock up the price a bit dont they.  We have never been charged for window seats before.  We dont bother with extra leg room unless they are giving the seats away.  We went with Olympus (Olympia?) one year and they were brilliant.   The seats were large and spacious, it was a much bigger plane with  two seats either side of aisles and about 5 in the middle..  We were given a seat by the door, mainly I think because my husband is large and 6'2 and might be good in an emergency to open the doors, but we knew he would be the first out... :lol:   Best flight we have ever had to Crete.  The worse has got to be Corfu last year but we flew with Manos, very cramped, long delays circling in the air for landing .. dreadful.  Food just about bearable.  Might be better to take your own sandwiches, less messy!  Sometimes I cant quite make out the breakdown of  the flights, they charge you for all the extras, fuel now too then give you a discount at the end.  Dont understand that!   I would rather have a good all round total that I know that I can afford without the blinking 'stealth extras'.  You think there's a brilliant offer, have a look and then find they have added an extra £100 on...  We found that Thomas Cook this year have been very good and did a good deal for us in Arillas this year, we have actually paid the same amount for  our 2 weeks holiday for the last 6 years  in June or Aug/Sept. so that cant be bad.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2006, 08:05:13 PM »
well we want to stay at Kaloudis!!! that said we are not paying for any extras which includes no in -flight meals, will not be taking the bus..tooo long, etc etc and no extras on the flight, the price is ok!! for us for a week in Arillas, we may see other accomodation that will take our fancy when there for another visit, but 3x at kaloudis in the past is fine.I appreciate that things have moved on since the last time we were there in 2000 but its for us to make that choice in june.
Ang

Booking.com