Welcome to Arillas > Arillas general information

A few words about the Arillas Community Spirit

<< < (2/6) > >>

Jo Wissett:
This wonderful place, and in particular the sympathetic improvements ensure that we will always continue to visit Arillas.  We are very excited to see all the changes for ourselves. To anyone who berates us for not going anywhere else I always say, you cannot comment until you have visited yourself. Even my 19 year old son who has been visiting Arillas since he was 1, is bereft that he is visiting another country with his girlfriend this year and not Arillas. I just know that next year he will be back.

Val n Bill:

One of the reasons that brings us back to Arillas time and time again is the welcome we get from all the people of Arillas.

We love the fact that nothing really changes.... it only improves. This year the improvements reflect the pride the business owners have in providing a sympathetic but greatly appreciated improvement along the beach front, as John stated....Arillas as it is. To Bill and I Arillas is always beautiful but this year it is extra beautiful.

So thank you to The Arillas Business Association and the People of Arillas for these improvements and also for opening up the new safe part of the "donkey track" this week.

Val and Bill x

killie:
Seems the Arillas businesses are improving all the time, well done Dimitris and everyone else concerned. It was 10 years ago I made my first visit to Arillas gawd time flies, I've returned 4 or 5 times since then, memory is not what it used to be, 2011 was the last time. I return again this weekend coming so it will be interesting to see all the changes, especially the restaurants, We usually cover every restaurant on the seafront for our evening meals during the course of the holiday unless Eileen gets the barbie out :-) , quality was great in each one 10 years ago how much more can it improve:-)

The addition of WiFi in many places now is a bonus to these who need it while on holidays. Get rid of the Mossies and it will be perfect :-)

justphil:
I have watched Arillas and its business owners develop over the last 12 years. For reasons unknown to me then, I took them to my heart the day I arrived in 2002. They have provided me with a life changing antidote to the cynical life we live in Britain. It can be different, and they have provided it for me.

This forum (for which we all owe Dimitris who runs it and pays for it) has seen me find dozens of new and very close friends. I often wonder who would be in that frame without it, and only the physical meetings in Arillas itself. I suspect most of them in truth.   

Dimitri's words explain perfectly how I feel about the development of the place I have adopted as my spiritual home.
--- Quote ---improve but not spoil our Arillas.
--- End quote ---
I could have written that phrase.

Like everyone, I am truly grateful that instead of decline, the actions of our dear friends whose home it is, have fought back and improved the chances of Arillas thriving in the future. I have a selfish interest of course - I want to spend the rest of my days either in or dreaming about being in an Arillas "improved but not spoiled."

Phil

Erja:

--- Quote from: JohnTheRef&Dot on June 04, 2014, 02:54:55 PM ---Arillas AS IT IS  is why we keep coming HOME.

--- End quote ---

Most excellent and thank you one and all who have made the little tweaks to improve and to keep Arillas AS IT IT.

Good job and see you in August :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version