Welcome to Arillas > Walking in Arillas and north west Corfu

Walking in March & April

<< < (2/3) > >>

PaulnMaria:
It is Jo,
Not brave enough to try a dip in the sea yet Phil,
mickandsue we have been well fed & watered at the Hotel Marvel which is open along with the Armourada all week. I would suggest popping in to have a chat with kostas during the daytime as they will prepare anything you want with a little forward planning. The guys at the Armourada have been most welcoming and whilst the menu is somewhat limited compared to the summer there are usually several choices available. The bakery is open every morning, night owl and akriotiri seem to be open weekends only, not sure if akriotiri is doing food though as we only stopped for drinks during the day. Called in to the mon amour today but only serving drinks, not sure of evening opening but I'm sure the local residents will have more info. We've been so lucky with the weather & hope you are too. Enjoy your stay, we certainly have :)

PaulnMaria:
Forgot to mention beach point cafe ( ex creperie ) serves drinks during day & evening and will rustle up a toastie but not doing normal food menu yet. Still a nice place to sit & enjoy the views.

justphil:
Arillas is very special when it is quiet. PaulnMaria have said it so eloquently.  It is well known how much I adore being there at any time of year, and I truly understand why they have enjoyed it so much.

The "social whirl" of the summer is enjoyment on a plate, but the inner peace you get from strolling along a deserted seafront, getting your legs (or even more) wet in the warm sea (I'm talking October, not April!!!) is priceless.   

Thanks for sharing with us.
Phil

JohnTheRef&Dot:
Late September early October  and that warm sea is something I hope I will be able to do this year. enjoy early early season
PaulnMaria.

PaulnMaria:
The splash from the waves breaking at the end of the jetty wasn't too cold today to be honest & the sunset tonight was as beautiful as ever. Can't believe a week has passed so quickly. Nice to see the changes occurring for the coming season but our lips are sealed & you will have to come & see them yourselves :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version