Welcome to Arillas > Corfu Flight Board

Easyjet aren't that good.

(1/4) > >>

MicK-G:
I live in South Staffordshire with my family, we have a choice of airports to travel from when we want to come to Arillas. I was recently getting worried because I bought my flight tickets to Corfu in August last September. I recently saw that Easyjet were flying from Manchester to Corfu. It is only an extra 45  journey to Manchester as opposed to Birmingham or East midlands and I decided to check prices to see how much I could have saved if I'd waited until now and then booked with Easyjet. I ws pleased to find that I have saved about £100 by booking direct with Thomas Cook. Easyjet seems great if you are booking to travel outside of the main season, but those of us who have children and we don't want to take them out of school, then easyjet isn't that good. If I'd waited for Easyjet to announce their prices I'd have had the extra expence of car parking, the fuel to get to manchester and the extra journey time.

Erja:
Luckily there are few different airlines that fly to Corfu so that everyone can get a best deal for them. Glad you got you and your family a good deal sorted with TC.

Easy Jet is nice and convenient for an independent traveller like me :).

angiem:
The thing is with Easyjet, the prices change constantly, depending on demand.
I've just checked prices for August and they are currently double what they were when they came out a couple of weeks ago. I've no doubt they'll keep changing from now until the day of the flight. We're just going to keep a eye on them and if they drop again we'll probably book.
Having said that, they're still about £100 per head cheaper than we paid last year!!

Jo Wissett:
As someone who is restricted to school holidays also, I always have to pay top whack and  for rubbish flight times which is no fun when you have 3 kids.  This year however i managed to get daytime flights for 2 weeks from 21st July for £720. I keep saying it because I am sooo pleased!! I think as has been said, you need to book as soon as they come out as they have gone up a lot since then.

kes:
I have been praying for the day Easyjet would fly from Manchester and finally it has arrived..However  their cost of flights is up and down like a fiddlers elbow...

Ihave caculated flight only with easyjet from Manchester for the two of us for Sept/Oct,add on taxi transfer & 2 weeks independent accomodation..cost (taking the exchange rate into account) £749.00
..compare with Thomas Cooke 2 weeks Hotel b & b inc. transfers.   £715.00 ..

We prefer the independent, but even with Easyjet low flight costs it should be a no brainer.!!!
The added security of using the travel companies and knowing there is someone to  fall back on in case of problems is a big factor.. 
Comments welcome.....

BTW  We travel in May Independently (booked last October)and the flights cost us an arm and a leg...(Our Choice) ..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version