Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 2016 times)

Offline hapi

« on: August 21, 2008, 01:46:18 AM »
As a big fan of surfing the net for info I was very happy to find this forum. I feel I already know lots about your wonderful village. I am arriving for the first time on the 29th, meeting friends who first came a couple of years ago. I visited Corfu 30 years ago and loved it, especially the villages, the food, and the wonderful smell of pine. We went to Crete a few years ago (as one of my godsons is Cretan), loved the usual greek hospitality and the food but didnt fall in love with the dry barren island. My husband has never been to Corfu (didnt like Crete) and I am really looking forward to showing him around. Looks like it has changed a lot, most of the resorts were just fishing villages when I was there, but Arillas looks as if it has not lost its identity and sold out to the tourists and become another 'britsville' on the sea. Dimitris, thank you for your input, your words on eating Corfu style brought back memories of Crete so this must be a greek thing. We only managed to pay for one meal in a week, and thats only because we left the table quietly, the family were mortified. Serious faux pas. Look forward to meeting you all next week. Just one question, will I need a cardigan in the evening?xxx

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 10:51:55 AM »
Hi Hapi,
Happy to welcome you to the forum. I suggest you take a cardi with you for the everning, I certainly need one this time of year altough the younger lady's still walk around in there lovely flimsy dresses. Pete even needed a fleece one night last September. Im sure your Husband will love Corfu and both of you will fall in Love with Arillas. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 12:22:42 PM »
Hi Hapi,

Welcome to the forum.  I'm sure you will love Arillas as much as we do.  Would love to hear all about it on your return,.

Sharon x

Booking.com