Welcome to Arillas > Arillas general information

How I found Arillas!

(1/57) > >>

dimitris:
Well, I did not find Arillas It seems that Arillas found me!!
I was born in Arillas
I sometines ask my guests in the Taverna how did they find our little Arillas.
Was it recommended? By a last minute deal? etc.
It will be interesting  for me and for other people to know your story don't you think so?
Kalispera every one!

Dimitris

Paul C:
We went to a travel agent with some dates in mind asked them to find us a holiday in Corfu.We had been to Paleo before, they found us a vacancy in the Rainbow and have never looked back. third year in Arillas.Not as many visits as most ,but we love it.
Paul

gaye:
Always had a great affection for corfu having spent 4 holidays in Paleocastritsa After a break of some years and as a married couple, we had a holiday in Kassiopi and rediscovered the magic of this beautiful island. Our girls really enjoyed the holiday so we decided to book for the following year, anywhere on the island. This time we would be bringing a much loved friend of the girls........Maria.
At the Travel Agent, we were offered San Stefanos and as we had not been so far north on the western coast we took it.
We loved it and Maria did also, it being her first time abroad.
We arrived home on 21st August and Maria died 10 days later...sudden adolescent death. We were devastated. She was 13 years old.
Next Summer we felt that we needed a break so returned to the same travel agent asking what they had anywhere.
We were offered vavillas apartments in Arillas. O.K. we thought, maybe this would be theraputic. We had never heard of Arillas and had no idea how close it was to San Stef!
We arrived at 2 a.m. wondering whether we had done the right thing and when we hired a car and realised just how close we were to all of our precious memories it just felt so right. Almost fate!
Sorry to have gone on a little but just typing this has helped.
We have revisited Arillas 4 times since and just feel so at peace there. x

blondegirl:
That was really nice to read Gaye.

We were what you might call regular visitors to Crete with our girls and decided we needed a change.  We didnt really fancy Corfu as we thought it was wetter than most Greek Islands, full of mozzies etc.  But we thought we would try and look for somewhere and ended up in Agios Gordios, had a beach bungalow and had a wonderful relaxing holiday, much more so than in Crete,  I think it was because we always hired a car and would visit friends there. Even though it did rain when in Ag. Gordios  it didnt put us off.   Anyhow, the following year we couldnt find the same accommodation in Agios Gordios and didnt want to stay anywhere else so looked at another part of the island.  Arillas came up, we didnt know anything about it, we booked for the Galini and it came at a time in our life where we were having some sad family problems too.  It was a bit of a recuperation and healing process for us and I think that is why it is a special place for us in that way.  These are our own personal memories we are making now, this is our time and we will always have special memories of other holidays but Arillas is for us very special. We took my best friend with us last year, she has been a real true friend and I wanted to share Arillas with her, I will shut up now or I will end up in tears too!

What have you started Dimitris?  You could write a book about the reasons why we all started visiting Arillas.

RUSSELL:
We found Arillas through Thomas Cooks when I was looking for somewhere to go for our 25th wedding anniversary ,but like blondegirl we had a sad family problem before we could go
It was a healing and recuperation process for us also, thats why we love to go back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version