Welcome to Arillas > Independent accomodation

Irenes Villa Lux Appartments Arillas Corfu

(1/9) > >>

Phil_D:
We have just arrived home from another great holiday in Arillas and again have stayed at Irene's Villa Apartments.

As usual Eleni and Spiros have gone that extraaaa mile to ensure the apartments were fully prepared and ready. We arrived in the middle of the night to find the fridge stocked, fresh bread and the rooms totally mossie free with the air-con on. Brilliant.

This meant the holiday could start from the first minute you arrived without the need for the basic essentials (eg beer ??).

The standard of these apartments is far far higher than any others we have stayed in in Arillas. Having a bath, or even a shower curtain that comes to the bottom of the shower is a real advantage. Not having to mop the floor after a shower is a true bonus.

The bedding and towels were changed frequently during our stay.

Both Eleni and Spiros were always available if required and made frequent visits to check we were happy with everything.

Best regards from Phil + Mandy

Fiona:
We have just returned from another fantastic fortnight in Arillas, staying at the beautiful Irenes Villa Apartments, owned by Eleni and Spiros who are magnificent hosts.

In addition to the apartments (four, all on the first floor) being equipped to a very high standard, they are very spacious (ours had two separate rooms and the BATHroom), comfortable and clean.  There is a lovely tranquil atmosphere as the building is set well back from the road leading to the beach.  Sitting on the huge balcony with coffee and croissants in the morning, we had a choice of sunshine or shade and even a choice of upright chairs, cushioned chairs or even a recliner.  I wanted to put a photo here with the view of the balcony, but technology got the better of me!!

The garden is beautiful with lovely palm trees and many flowers – red and pink geraniums, nasturtiums, michaelmas daisies.  It contains lemon and apricot trees at the side and wonderful scented jasmine and other shrubs all around the property.  There is a table tennis table and we had bats and balls waiting for us in the apartment.  There are also children’s swings and a sand-pit.

If you want to hire a car there is plenty of parking space behind the building.  There are two swimming pools, at the Marvel and the Rainbow, just a couple of minutes away and the beach and tavernas are less than 10 minutes walk.  Beach towels are provided in the apartments.

There is always enough coffee/tea/sugar/milk for the first few cups and plenty of bottled water, washing-up liquid, toilet paper, kitchen paper, teatowels, washing up cloths, scrubbers etc etc so you can spend your first few hours unpacking (a myriad of coathangers) and not worry about the shopping till later.

The aircon is included in the cost of the apartment and is very efficient, despite the size of the rooms.  I have to say that I hardly saw a single mosquito inside the apartment on this visit and we kept one window, with a fly screen, open all the time.  However, there are mozzie nets if you do feel you might have some unwanted visitors.

Iron and ironing board, filter coffee maker, CD player, TV are all provided and for me the apartment is my home in Arillas!

Fiona

Eggy:
Fiona / Phil D & all
If you use that "Search Engine" that Dimitris has set up and use either Eleni or Irene you pick up nothing but all good reports about Irenes Appts.
That's one hell of a recommendation in itself.
It's good to see. I'm sure they'll both be very pleased if they pick up your posts.
Lovely people, Very keen to do well,not only for the Holidaymaker but also Arillas.
Negg

Island Girl:
Due to having been locked out in my original log-in to the Arillas site; I owe Eleni and Spiros of Irene's Lux Villa Apts a great review from our holiday in June  2007.  So I apologise this is very late.  There were six of us in two apartments and we were delighted to receive the same warm welcome as last year.  This was our second year at Irene's and our fifth to Arillas.  We now feel of the apartments as home from home and were delighted to meet the elegant Eleni this year and were pleased to be asked what we thought of the apartments and how she could do more to for visitors - and there was very little we could add!  Spiros even took time to come to say cheerio at the airport.  This friendliness is one of the many reasons we come back to Arillas year after year - in all the shops and tavernas, we were greeted as returning friends rather than just visitors for a week.   Even the odd rain showers didn't dampen our stay.

Already looking forward to coming back next year.

On behalf of the Scottish Girls!

Des/Sally:
Having just returned from a 3 week stay at Irenes Villa Lux appartments, I would like to echo on others previous comments that these have been the best equiped that we have ever stayed in, the warm welcome we recieved from Spiros and his son and then later by Eleni made you feel at home straight away, all the little extras given go to make a wonderful holiday in Arillas that we have come to feel is our second home, nothing was too much trouble and if you did need something that wasnt there you soon had it. The fridge was stocked, beach towels provided, even an beach umbrella to take and use, a TV, toaster etc etc, the list goes on,we enjoyed a lovely evening out with Eleni and her family and the whole experience made us feel that we were staying with friends, which of course they have become now.
As per usual we were sad to have to pack up and come home but all good things as we all know do come to an end.
To everyone in Arillas Thank you for making another holiday special and enjoy your winter break when it comes, I know we will all be watching the site for the news on Dimitri`s baby in November.

Des, Sally, Mitch & Bri

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version