Welcome to Arillas > Corfu Flight Board

Is your passport valid?

(1/4) > >>

turkeyfoot:
Hi
Just reading about a holiday maker who was refused to fly when checking in the airport as their passport was not valid. This was on May 6th and the expiry date of the passport was September .

They fell foul of the 10 year rule which has been in affect for some time.

The rules are that the passport must be less than 10yrs old from the date of issue  and there must be 3 months of validity left from the date of your planned return home.

The ''over 10 year rule; issue affects passports issued between 2001 and September 2018. Affected passports  will be in still be in circulation until June 2029

Geoff

Eggy:
Good point / post , Geoff
There are so many of us , who forget these small but important tasks which then bite us in the bum when we least expect it.
Negg

jackson:
Please excuse my ignorance but if you have been issued a passport in say 2016 how can as you say there is a problem traveling in 2023, again i don't understand  where this 2001 to 2018 thing comes into play a 2016 passport has more than enough time on it. unless i am missing something here.

Eggy:
Jackson
You've confused me now.
That's like pointing to two shovels and saying "Take yer Pick"
Negg

jackson:
Neil i do  understand that you need to have 6 months on your passport left on departure  or you will be denied travel, it was just the 2001 to 2018 thing which i didn't understand, i have googled it and from what it says is that on newer passports it is strictly a 10 year passport and there is not a 6 months allowance as it has been in the past maybe this is what geoff was saying i don't know. the sage that is geoff will no doubt put me right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version