Welcome to Arillas > Corfu Flight Board

Very promising

<< < (6/6)

soniaP:

--- Quote from: Jo Wissett on June 27, 2020, 09:24:20 PM ---It’s not over till the fat lady sings! That’s what I say! Have already ordered two face shields off eBay for the plane. Yes it’s rubbish but not as rubbish as staying here for another endless year. This is something I shared on Facebook recently

Love this Jo - sums up how I feel entirely . It keeps me going all year .

Just read this from Melanie Reid, the brilliant Times Columnist and it sums up completely what going to Corfu means to me...

“It’s the wall of heat I miss most, that amazing sensation of stepping off the plane into a bath of warm, different scented otherness. That’s what your plane ticket is for - that moment, that budget blessing. You’ve been delivered to another place...”

--- End quote ---

suzy61:
Turkey Foot
You said that you were concerned about having to stay at Kaloudis as you can no longer stay at Mathraki
I personally don't think it really matters where you are staying in Arillas as I've only ever  heard good things about all the accommodation and the families that run them.
Also,you really only have to sleep there as you are welcomed by all owners to use any of their  establishments.

If you were staying at Mathraki it's a 10 minute walk from Kaloudis and you could use their peaceful adult pool. It's only about 15-20 minutes stroll the back way at the side of Effies which is a beautiful tranquil walk and if you're hot and bothered when you arrive then simply sit in the shade with a cold mythos or jump into their gorgeous new pool!

turkeyfoot:
Hi

We all have our own preferences as to where you stay and reasons for doing so. To make a change and not be happy could spoil your holiday.
Sometimes its more than a bed for the night.

We were in two minds, as I have said, to go or not this year, but decided to go ahead. Then the TUI situation made up our mind for us.

Will be back at the Mathraki (this was to be their last year with TUI) which is 100% independent next year  (as opposed to 50% this year) as  usual.
Just paid the deposit today and flights were booked in March.

As a matter of interest looked at Rynair from Southend on Sept 1st this year and it was £323 for two, including hold luggage which I thought was cheap.

Geoff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version