Author Topic: Very promising  (Read 5583 times)

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Very promising
« on: June 27, 2020, 12:52:12 AM »
Reading the breaking news on BBC its looking good for a Summer visit to Arillas 😉
Not getting too carried away yet though....
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline soniaP

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Very promising
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 01:31:05 AM »
Not for us unless we can find alternative accommodation.  Not all accommodation opening.

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 02:15:00 AM »
You'll find a room somewhere Sonia surely????

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 10:27:40 AM »

Hi

YIPPEE Fingers Cross

Kev

Offline PMC

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 10:35:49 AM »
hi all. not much of a contributer on here, however I love reading everyone's posts....
if the air bridge is confirmed, does that mean the Greek 7 day quarantine for negative tests on arrival would be lifted? if at all the tests are still carried on for arrivals from  high risk countries?confused.com!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 10:48:31 AM »
Yes I have been trying to find out if the drop of quarantine is reciprocal? I suppose we will hear in the next few days. That is the only thing that will prevent our holiday this year, well that and EasyJet cancelling our flight I suppose!

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 11:13:44 AM »
The greek authorities have yesterday announced that we are still on the naught list until at least 15th July. A lot of accommodation may not open or if they do then no bar or restaurant. 

I will try and post the link.

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 11:15:23 AM »

Offline PMC

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2020, 11:16:04 AM »
glad I'm not the only one lol. had to cancel last year's trip as I was seconded to work on Brexit with the condition that leave had to be cancelled. going to have to reduce my trip out on 17/8 as daughter has Alevels next year so attending summer school to catch up. don't want to go 2 years with no arillas fix 😂😂

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2020, 11:20:26 AM »
Hi Jo,
I have been trying to find out the same thing, I don't think it is as yet to be honest but things are changing quite quickly at the moment it seems.....
Hi Sonia,
Thanks for the link you posted as I was typing 🙂.  Need to hope we come off that list in the next few weeks and if we don't then c'est la vie......

Offline turkeyfoot

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2020, 11:32:07 AM »
Hi
Along with others I sincerely hope no more holiday plans are cancelled because of this virus.

With  several countries reporting spikes in the virus that have relaxed rules it’s  not surprising to hear from the scientists that a second wave is a possibility.

But the UK could still face exclusion with the behaviour being displayed by many. Even the UK are considering blacklisting Portugal, Turkey and Sweden from the air bridge concession because of increased cases.

I hope it doesn’t happen in the UK but having looked at the photos in the UK press of popular seaside resorts and read of the behaviour of 10’s of 1000’s of people it’s really unbelievable, although not surprising.

Southend (my local resort) are already experiencing an increase in the infection rate attributed to people flocking to the beaches.
Whatever people think of social distancing and hand washing it has been proved that these two practises worldwide has been extremely effective in controlling/eliminating the virus. It’s our first defence.

As the world opens up for trade, as it must do, we can’t just remain in shutdown mode, we have harsh realities to face.
The reality is we have the virus and we now have to learn to live and work with it. Socially distancing, face masks and washing of hands etc.  together with changed work practises, are here to stay for the foreseeable future
If everybody acts responsibly and continue to abide by the restrictions, hopefully there will not be a second outbreak and we can all enjoy a summer holiday

The alternative is it will be the survival of the fittest, with the weakest falling by the wayside, as we build an immunity throughout the population, topped up by yearly innoculations as with the flu virus.
The UK death rate seems to be flat lining, it would take a little effort to see it fall, but no effort all to see it rise. It’s our choice.

Another of my daily grouses
It’s not just their lack of consideration for the community, but their other antisocial behaviour. One resort (Bournemouth) reportedly clearing up 33 tons of rubbish (including humane excrement, as public toilet facilities are closed) after revellers and sunbathers left for home, possibly taking the virus with them.

These people really annoy me. If only their actions and behaviour only affected themselves.

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2020, 11:35:56 AM »
I couldn't disagree with any of what you say there Geoff ..... not a thing ! 👍

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2020, 11:57:53 AM »

Hi
I watched BBC news with Harris Theocharis Greek Minister of Tourism and Simon Calder no restrictions ever end of you holiday the corridor is open both ends
As Truth says things change all the time

Kev

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2020, 02:13:20 PM »
Ooooooooooh! Holding my fingers crossed with baited breath :D Still praying to all the deities from Allah to Zeus ;)
Life is good ;)

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2020, 02:31:07 PM »
Anythings worth a try Erja 😉

Booking.com