Welcome to Arillas > Corfu Flight Board

Jet2 flights

(1/3) > >>

turkeyfoot:
Hi

They have announced  they are not planning  to recommence operations until June 17th, with the proviso that if  airspace opens up ealier they will able to respond quickly.

Look at money-tourism.gr for more info

Geoff

Karen/Colin:
We're due to fly out on 2nd July but have decided now we can not wait until 29th june for a decision about whether flights will recommence, whether will be quarantined on arrival in Corfu or on return to UK or whether the FCO will allow non essential flights. The Jet2 website says nothing about flights after 1st july so we are hoping we can reschedule our flight dates & just pay the admin fee. Has anyone else done this?
Karen
x

Donpipez:
Hi Karen & Colin

Jill & I are in exactly the same position.

We are due to fly from Manchester on the 3rd and were still hoping it would happen but TBH it's now looking very difficult!!

Currently there are still so many obstacles that make it more and more less likely.

1 - Until the Foreign Office change their travel advice I can't see how anyone can travel on holiday?
2 - Presently Visitors into Greece are tested and dependant on results varying degrees of isolation/quarantine are required.
3 - Quarantine on return which means a 4 week break from work which is impossible

Then there is the risk of flying itself with all that entails - Airport, Plane etc.... So far thank goodness our region has been relatively low on infections & deaths but it IS here and Jill & I have taken every precaution to remain safe but travelling goes against everything we have tried to avoid for the last 10 Weeks!!

Lastly & I guess most importantly do our friends in Arillas want us there? - I know a lot of Forum Members have already cancelled at great cost to themselves to avoid this & others have had their holidays cancelled by the various airlines/travel companies.

I have seen many for and against arguments amongst which I see that we shouldn't travel and all our hosts will be there for us next Year but will this be true? - We are already seeing job losses and businesses folding in the UK - Many of our friends only have their business income to see them through until the next season with many if not all Family members involved - Some may be OK but can they all survive a season with no income?

Soooo - Like you we were hoping by now that JET2 would have made the decision for us not to fly in July and we could have used the flights at a later time or got a refund - We are more & more inclined to amend ourselves & pay the admin fee but will wait until w/c 15th to make that decision.

Stay Safe All

Neil & Jill

Karen/Colin:
We have also decided to make a firm decision next week. So sad as there were 8 of us going this year from different airports.  We had a holiday zoom meeting yesterday & have decide to go for a bit longer next year & have decided on dates, so only another 386 days to go 😢
Karen

turkeyfoot:
Hi Neil  and Jill
I was interested in your comment on does Arillas want us.
It now  comes down to economics, not the virus. Europe cannot afford a longer shutdown. It needs to trade
Haven’t asked anybody in Arillas how they feel but I am sure the answer is yes.

Have spoken to people in Skiathos.
In general they say ‘’ don’t stay away because of us. If you feel uncomfortable in coming for your own concerns then we respect that decision.
The island needs tourism. We need the income if businesses are to survive this year, and be open next year.
So please come, that is the best way to help us, not by staying away’’

I am sure the businesses of Arillas will say the same.

Geoff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version