Author Topic: Is this possible?  (Read 4695 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Is this possible?
« on: March 01, 2020, 09:20:08 PM »
A bugbear for most of us is shelling out a minimum of 57/8 euros (let’s call it 60 lol) each way to our beautiful Arillas.

I realise that the taxi guys are not making much out of this and to be honest I would pay much the same from my house to Manchester airport.

My question is; if you hire a car what is the minimum amount of days you have to hire for if you leave it at airport?

This year we are having 16 nights again  and Dida at the Marinaki could only fit us in for 14 so we are having the last two at Dionysis (now Zeus throne) up in Afionas  as this is where we had the reception for our renewal of vows ceremony around 10 years ago and we also pay them a visit during our holiday. (OMG have you SEEN the view??)

Now obviously I will have to keep coming into Arillas for those last two days but was thinking what if we hire a car and then use it for the airport also? Is that possible?

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
Re: Is this possible?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 12:53:07 AM »
I think that would be possible Jo. Last year we had a var for 5 days.  We picked it up at the airport and dropped it of at Arillss vats after 5 days. I think it cost us €130 but didn't have taxi fare so worked out we had a car for 5 days for €70.

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 08:27:09 AM »
I priced this up last year and in August the car hire was going to cost a lot more than the taxi for us . Its always worth just checking though 🙂.
No good for us this year ss there will be 6 of us.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 09:33:48 AM »
Yes truth I realise that it will be more but if we were going to get on anyway for a couple of days you could factor in the taxi price as Sonia Said and it would hopefully work out to be a good deal. I think we usually pay around 40 euros per day so if get for say 3 that’s 120, minus 60 for what I would pay the taxi so got car for three days for 20 euro a day just wasn’t sure if you could leave at  airport if hiring from Theo

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 12:37:46 PM »

Hi Jo

The Tria Adelphia rent cars by the day or what ever to suits you good price

Philip or Yanni

Email:info@tria-adelphia.com

tel:+30(0)2663051581

Kev

Offline soniaP

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 08:36:30 PM »
Yes Jo you can drop it off at Theos office near the airport.

Online Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 06:00:22 PM »
"Yes truth I realise that it will be more but if we were going to get on anyway for a couple of days you could factor in the taxi price as Sonia Said and it would hopefully work out to be a good deal. I think we usually pay around 40 euros per day so if get for say 3 that’s 120, minus 60 for what I would pay the taxi so got car for three days for 20 euro a day just wasn’t sure if you could leave at  airport if hiring from Theo"
Go for it then Jo , makes total sense if you are thinking about having the car for a few days anyway.
I priced up a car on Lesvos once , right at the end of the season , and the cost of hiring for a week was basically the same as the cost of the taxi transfers !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Booking.com