Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

justphil

You all make me want to post. Without the forum most of us would never have met.

Thank you for saying hello again Sandra and Jim. It was Jen who remembered. She is closer to this Arillas deal than me, whatever you think. And I am basically Irish, so SLANTE. Mine's another Guinness!!!!

Phil

justphil

Sorry to dominate this thread. I will leave it up to Neill in a few days.

Arillas Today seems so calm and relaxed today. The temperature is high at 36 degrees (5.30pm) but the breeze is life-giving. There are many taking advantage of the beach, as you might see on the w-e-b cam. More nationalities and languages to eavesdrop, even if you can't understand a word! The Mythos is as good as ever.

Last night was special, but we have missed Eileen so far. Such is Arillas, where you steal a few precious minutes with folk if you happen across them, but realise that it is actually yours.

A lovely natter with Dimitris last night. He took a pic of us two and justphil, sat in his usual Brouklis chair, felt so perfectly at home. Noufris came over and sat with me in a rare quiet moment as well.

Arillas Today is as good as ever.
Phil

Eggy

Dominate this thread , Phil. - We all love it which can be seen by the number of veiwings over the last 2 weeks.

Tis yet another good Arillas today and, at 6:30 pm, hiding away inside with 33 deg on the balcony, I am thinking that Arillas today would still be good with just a tad of the wet stuff.

Armourada tomorrow evening and hope you n pals will be there. Plus others to meet up for a natter. Eileen has no transport but I hope she will stroll down for a bevvie. She will do her best , I am sure. I can pick them up but with young Liam, who may get tired early, it may be a problem getting them home.

We'll see - Cheers peeps - Negg 

jinksy

ha ha yeh gringo playing bingo, sounds like fun, glad you had a great time, arillas seems to be able to do that. Late nights, never !!! Ang will be more careful this yer, so she said. Glad to hear that jimmi getting practice, take care, and maybe see you next summer, yammas

justphil

Arillas Today saw a very cloudy sky, with distant rumbles of thunder. Temperature was slightly down. According to the widget about 29 degrees. But as always at this time of year, by 3pm the sun has burned through, and it is hot, bright and sunny.

Exchange rate holds in the 1.26 area.

Tonight will be dinner and darts at Armorada, then quiz at Bardis. It might just turn into quite a forum event.... Will report back.

Yammas
Phil

sandraandjim

Hello again Phil, thanks to Jen!   Glad to hear from you as the last time we spoke you and Jen were heading to the Rainbow for a pub quiz on the Thursday night, never to be seen again by us, we kept looking round for the next week to catch up with you but there were no sightings at all and we don't believe in Aliens!   Hopefully next year we can get the Guinness sorted but in the meantime I have often wondered what your vodka frappe is as we would be fond of a few vodkas ourselves!! Just ask Jimmy at Rainbow he can confirm this, or George at Malibu for Perry at the Nut!  ha ha

Sandra and Jim

annie

Phil and Jen where were ya?
Saw Eggy winning against a young lad at darts and Margaret and Gordon. Not many others I recognised but looked like a good night was continuing.
Arilas is bright and sunny this morning with a gentle breeze.A day at the beach is ordered I believe.
Annie

justphil

Ah, we were there earlier Annie. Saw them all for a while, but with other forum friends we had a date with a quiz. And on the way back to Bardis, we stole a ten minute natter with Eileen & co outside the gates.

Such is our July in Arillas - we get to see so many but none for very long. Three weeks is a drop in the ocean for us, but at the moment, all we can do.

Phil

Eggy

Annie
Darts is such an unsociable sport and apologies for not having a long 'ole natter
Leon, Armourada, beat me in the final - lil tinker opened all the doors and the breeze doesn't affect his 48 gram bombs but my little 22g..? (Darters excuse?)
A good fun night had by all

Phil n Jen - Glad you finally got to see Eileen. If you see her again tell her to stop wrecking the Villa pool furniture. - She'll know what you mean.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arillas today gives us a pleasant 28/29 deg, at midday. August starts to bring in many Italian guests together with their shiny new machines seem to be dominating over the roads. I remember August last year with such a cross section of nationalities all enjoying life. Great evening Taverna fun chatting to an Italian at one table with Germans at another and even some guests from France. Brouklis switching languages as easy as "courgette pie"
Let's hope it's the same again this year.

Cheers
Negg

justphil

The end game.

With great relief for all of you, this will be my last Arillas Today for a while.

It is still, sunny and very hot at 6pm. About 35 degrees here. Many are using the beach, even the "new" narrower bits. It's not that there isn't plenty of sand a bit further south. Just walking to buy a carton of milk was exhausting today.

PhilnJen have done all we could manage, and have still missed significant bits and people out. But the overall memory is the same as ever. Bliss.

Phil

annie

Well still 32 at 6pm.Sea lovely and warm as the south wind was blowing for a few hours. I am told the north wind will be back tomorrow:( so the sea might be cold again.
Eggy any excuse you sound like the railway.... Wind from open doors! Leon looked to be a good player especially for his young age . Last night was I was Brouklis and I heard Dimitris speak 4 languages with ease he was very busy which can only be a good thing but on the whole Arilas feels quiet .
Must go as a swim is on the cards
Annie x

justphil

Annie meluvver, please carry on keeping us up to date whenever you can. When the depression sets in next week, I will love to read it every day.

loveandhugs
Phil

TerryW

QuoteJust walking to buy a carton of milk was exhausting today.

Oh no, I hope Jen won't have to get a search party out again :-). I think you need to post about that Phil. Have a safe journey home and it was great seeing you both again.

justphil

OK Terry. The story is simple. I walked out of Bardis Sun Studios at about half past four to change money at Olga's and get simple supplies at Ina's. We hadn't been here long, and I bumped into so many people it ended up being over four hours. Jen was all DEETed up and ready for dinner, and at about 9pm I rushed out of Ina's telling everyone I was in deep trouble, only to be met by Bobby driving Jen out on the search party..... Boy, was I in the doo-doo.

The following day or so, I got a round of applause when I walked back into Bardis Studios after only an hour. (An hour to Ina's and back, even then!)

Such is this place that I love.
Phil

PS Terry, the same applies. And tell Helen again, she looked wonderful.

TerryW

It was a better story hearing you tell me Phil, outside Ina's, I think you were late on that occasion as well :-)

I'm not as bad  as you Phil, but I still go wandering  off for the odd hour. Luckily, Helen is used to it now.