When is everybody going.

Started by sharonF, February 15, 2008, 05:00:19 PM

justphil

Welcome from PhilnJen too. We will be around from 4th to 27th July so please say hello. Mathraki is a firm favourite of many regular visitors, and will do you proud. Rainbow is also a superb place to be, so it will be interesting to hear which you prefer.

Some of our favourite times have been rather a lot later in the season - we have been known to celebrate Jen's birthday there on 1st November! Armourada made her a wonderful cake that evening. We love the early and late times selfishly - we mostly have it to ourselves and very few interfere with enjoying the place itself. But it will be hot hot hot in July, and busy busy busy. Most places will be fully booked, with probably 80% repeat customers as dear Sonia says.

Be warned - that second visit rapidly turns into 4, 10, 20............ relocation......... We are nearly all the way along that timeline now.

Phil

soniaP

Val - we arrive about lunchtime on the 26th. Do you go in the coconut bar? We usually try and get there before 10 I think it is when cocktails are half price.

moo2404

Thank you for reply we last went in late may so was quiet.  My mum and dad have been going  to the matharaki  for the last 4 years twice a year, so must be good.  Looking forward to cold mythos sat in the sun with  a Greek salad😎

Val n Bill

Sonia we always seem to finish the night in the Nut, well not exactly because our last drinks no matter what the time is are with Nic or Akis at Mathraki so hopefully we will meet at last.

moo2404 you will love the Mathraki so very quiet during the day but lively for last drinks at night but you will know that from your Mum and Dad.... BTW what are their names....we may have met them.

Val n Bill x
The love affair continues.

cypress

Have a fabulous time Bruce.

Welcome to the forum Moo

I'm there 4th July until 1st August, so if you spot me do say hello. July can be extremely hot, last year towards the end of the month it was heading towards a sweltering 40 odd degrees. It's all good though, I get to kip in the heat of the afternoon then stay on the beach when it's cooler on the evening. Swimming in the sea as the sun goes down is a beautiful way to end the day. The Mathraki seems a perfect place to stay, I haven't stayed there myself but do know that their breakfast is a rather nice way to start the day.

moo2404

Hi bill, sounds perfect there names are Jenny and Graham they are off to the Mirage next week for a sneaky week away to celebrate dad's 70th, then they are back to Matharaki last week in June for 2 week lol arillas has bitten them they have the bug 😅

Seagull Chris

Good morning,
1st post after registering yesterday, been lurking for a few months and decided to sign up as it seems a friendly place.
Myself and my wife Kay, are staying in Arillas for our first time in June, so really looking forward to it.
We havent been to Corfu for 10 years, and that was Gouvia, but our daughter is now doing holidays with her boyfriend
so we can chose destinations that suit us more. Arillas certainly looks our sort.
We are staying at The Horizon, which looks lovely, so hopefully looking forward to bumping into some of you.
Chris

Jo Wissett

Welcome Chris! I am so excited for you to be visiting Arillas and you will think you have died and gone to heaven staying at the Horizon. Very classy place with amazing food, sublime sunset views and cocktails to die for. Marinos and his staff will ensure your holiday is fabulous. Although we don't stay there our holidays always include a few visits. June should be lovely and warm as well. Please let us know how you get on xx

cypress

Welcome to the forum Chris and Kay.

You're staying at the HORIZON?! Gets me every time anyone says they're staying there. Here's a little present for you (if you haven't already seen it) with glimpses of the Horizon in there too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK_4qFif6OA

Val n Bill

moo2404... Don't recall your parents names but then again we may have chatted to them, or even sat next to them by the pool or bar. When we are are there in June we will certainly meet them, we will just shout out for Jenny and Graham they can always hide if they they don't want to meet " that weird couple" tell them to beware as it will be Val and Bill and Bills' sister and brother-in-law. Lol

Val x

soniaP

Val - that is great. Will hopefully recognise you. We do have a bit of a routine also. Meal, nut and then back to Bardis Studios for a chat and drink with the lovely Bardis family and friends.

Chris welcome to the forum. You will no doubt fall in love with Arillas. Never stayed at the ,Horizon but looks gorgeous.

indigo648

Val and Bill we may see you in May as we will probably call into Mathraki on the 14th as we always seem to miss you every time we are there can then put a face to the names.

Val n Bill

We look forward to meeting you too, you will always find us by the pool during the day.

Val x

Andy and Claire

Hi all, 30th June for us for 2 weeks at Mirage, it's been 8 years since we last visited Arillas. Can't wait to be back. Hope things haven't changed too much.

Andy.

Val n Bill

Welcome back ......the Mirage is an excellent choice to to renew your love of Arillas.
Beautiful sea view, excellent food and a lovely pool.

Nothing has changed too much,  just got better. We will be going back to the UK as you arrive, after our second holiday in Arillas this year, our first is next Friday.
We have already booked for 2017...we first visited in 2002 and now come twice a year.

You will have a wonderful holiday and be very well looked after and hopefully be booking for next year as soon as you get home. 😃

Val x