just back

Started by dorothy, July 14, 2009, 05:48:44 PM

dorothy

Just back - early hours this morning- and missing Arillas soooooooooo much.  Drinking ouzo sprite as I write but it's just not the same!! We had a wonderful 2 weeks, stayed at one of the front rooms at the Marina and the whole family are so friendly and welcoming. My son, wife and 2 grandsonsr stayed at marinaki and just loved it. Sorry Jo I know it's supposed to be a secret!!! Telis was so helpful and the accommodation was so suitable for a young family.  We ate mainly at Eftichia, the food and views are super but it is also so suitable for 2 lively boys - lots of space and a garden to play in.  We were given a present of a bottle of her ' engagement wine' on our last night.

Nice new taverna just opened past Bardis Sun on the right.  Called Helens - I think.  We had a lovely breakfast there  - super family they deserve support.

Beach varied from day to day but was definitely looking good yesterday.

My 7th time in Arillas and it such a special place - I really think it is the warmth and friendliness of the people. We will be back again very soon.

Dorothy
Dorothy

Erja

Sounds like you had a beautiful time Dorothy! Thank you for your report :)
Life is good ;)

Jo Wissett

Sounds lovely Dorothy and glad that your daughter enjoyed the Marinaki (I think!!?!). Now we are just waiting for all your pics to go with the great report :-)

Sandy x

I saw them working on that new bar when I was there in June - glad it is now open.
Sandy x

kevin.g

glad you enjoyed dot...........yammas

justphil

So glad we bumped into you Dorothy. It was outside the Nut but at a respectable time. (We have been known to be seen with other forum members in different circumstances at 5.30am....)

You have a lovely Belfast accent and a suntan to die for!

Our seventh too.... No doubt we will see you here again one day soon and then I'll buy you a Guiness.

Slante
Phil

blondegirl

Hi Dot.. glad you had a great time.. withdrawal symptoms are so depressing aren they?

I am interested though in the new place near the Bardis Sun, I cant imagine where that is... is it opposite where the grapes and veggies are grown,, I remember the guy from the Porto Timoni restaurant picking his grapes there last year,  bit of a private garden ?  Nice spot if it is.  If anyone wants to wander up and take a photo that would be great!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Sandy x

It's right by the first track up to Afionas just before the fish restaurant.
Sandy x

4x4

What fish restaurant ?
Must have missed that one ((

Sandy x

Along the back road towards the beach 4x4. From Tria, instead of going past the bakery, follow the road don past Makris and Thomas' fish restaurant is along there on the right. Slow service but excellent food.....definitely should go on your list for next year.
Sandy x

4x4

Slow service !

Is that slow for Greece ?

Do they catch the fish to order ))

When in Greece I have to forget what Slow is and remember  I am on holiday and it does not matter.
αύριο

I will definitely put that on my list for next June.
Only  11 months to go.

Sandy x

very slow....last time I went I drank about three bottles of retsina before the meal came....with rather disastrous results!
Sandy x

4x4

That I would love to have seen ))

Perhaps I can buy you dinner there next year ))

justphil

Do you fancy him Sandy? You and our 4x4 say such lovely things to each other!!! Loving the posts. We must seriously be the only man and woman who met for the first time and stood b*****k naked (my bits only before you correct me) and talked for half an hour about Arillas. Then I even got an invite to your place....

Sorry both it's being here that has turned my mind....

4x4

LOL

Maybe if I lost about 12" round the waist and about 6 stone, I might be in with a chance. ( haven't seen my feet for years ) let alone anything else.

I don't think Sandy would be impressed with Cod, Chips and Mushy Peas either.
But I have this Voucher from  "Little Chef" I need to use.