Chat Room

Started by Dave n Anne, April 03, 2009, 11:54:25 PM

TerryW

Hi lynn,
What Browser are you using and what version?

Try downloading Google Chrome and see if you get the same problem.

Terry

TerryW

I have found a useful piece of software that could be used to show Dimitris what happens on your screen, when you have a problem.

You can record it here http://www.screentoaster.com/

I have done an example, shown below, to show  how to find out the version of your Browser, and then I have  recorded my screen when I  logged into the chatroom.

http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stU01dQkxIR1pWQFxaWV5cV1Rc

If you are still having problems Lynn maybe you could use the software to show what happens when you try to login to the the Chatroom.

The videos can also be uploaded to Youtube and could be used as Tutorial videos for explaining functions of the forum, eg how to display a Profile Photo, or how to display photos via a hosting website such as photobucket.

ColinD

That screentoaster looks like a good idea Terry, I'll have to try it.

We are using IE 7 on our desktop machines, Terry, and I think Lynn has IE 8 on her laptop.
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.

ColinD

Hi Terry, I've installed Google Chrome on Lynn's laptop and I am using it now in the chatroom.

TerryW

Does Chatroom work on your desktop Colin?

I have just tried logging into the chatroom with IE8 and I could only see half of the chatroom screen. So, I tried the following.

In IE8 go to Tools> and then click on Compatibility view. This puts the browser back to IE7 format for www.arillas.com. Reload the forum and try to open chatroom.

I have just done it and the chatroom opened.

kes

Eveyone should know ...Any new Microsoft releases are bug ridden  (IE 8)  ..usually takes 3 yrs for them to get it anywhere near ok and then when they realise its #%4t  they bring a new version out ....and so on and on and on.....

TerryW

IE8 has a bug with its links to "fixed anchors" and these are probably used to open the html script to open up the chatroom.

It would be interesting to know if any other members have tried the chatroom using IE8.

I agree with Kes and I think that all new Microsoft releases should have a health warning. :-)

kes

New Security Settings for Internet Explorer 8
Proposed new Security for Internet Explorer 8.  World exclusive, new security features for Internet Explorer.

Dynamite security protection.
New tools to take you directly to the information you don't want.
Improved design to make everyday tasks impossible.
Supported Operating Systems: Linux, Apple Mac, Assembler*

Geoff

Nice one Kes.
For a REALLY GOOD version of Windows you need to visit :-
http://www.deanliou.com/WinRG/
It actually works best in Internet Explorer as it fills the screen and makes it look like it actually is running. But it will work in other browsers - just that it only fills the browser window.
If you are going to run it in Explorer don't forget you need to know the exit key combination (Alt + F4) as described on the opening page, otherwise you will have problems getting out of it.
:-)

Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

kes

Naughty   He He!!!

ColinD

Thanks for the help.  We now have Google Chrome on all our computers and everything is back to normal.  Chatroom is easy to get into, and it shows all of it not just a blue bar.

riggers

I downloaded Google chrome when Terry advised it to Eileen. I am still using it now and find it very good.

riggers.........

justlynn

Yes, it is proving very good, riggers - I can get in the chat room!!!

Thanks, Terry,

lynn xx

Dave n Anne

Hi all

Glad we all getting sorted with the problrms, hope to speak to you all soon in thr chat room . But better in Arillas .

Yammas

Dave n Anne

Maggie

It works fine for me, but I'm like Billy nae pals sitting on my own in there.lol...