Greek way of eating.

Started by Peckedhen, March 19, 2008, 07:49:03 PM

TerryW

I would just like to say that its nice to see posts from Mrs Egg, especially as I get this vision of Mrs Egg sitting at the PC while Mr Egg is doing the washing up.

TerryW

Eggy

She's been on 'ere AGAIN !? - Must have a word with "Admin Man"

Terry - She snuck this one on while I was doing a bit of "Apothiki" roofing.
( You should know that word by now )

Have to say though, a selection of starters is the way to go.

Mon Amour will do you a meat platter for any size "party". Steak/chicken/lamb/pork. all cut to manageable sizes, plus some pitta breads, salad etc.
Then you all get stuck in.

Very rarely now do I use a knife and fork.
( Unless it's soup - And then they don't work correctly )

So, pick those Brouklis sardines up with the fingers and munch away.

Negg

Mrs Egg

Terry - you have a very fanciful imagination.  Negg has had the kitchen sink plumbed in right next to the computer desk so that I can do both at the same time!

Wendy

TerryW

I knew it, I have always known it, men can multi-task.

Every weekday night I have a laptop in the kitchen whilst washing up etc, Helen is watching Emerdale and/or Corrie, so the kitchen is like the modern day equivalent to the garden shed.

TerryW

vivian

Havent tried it anywhere else only I know Dimitris knows what we like so we just ask him for what ever he recommends or eat with friends then the food is served meze style, not in some nouveau small-plates way, but in the Greek manner, sharing a handful of the generously portioned dishes, between us, its a full night out and we all leave feeling well fed and watered or is it mataxaed and ouzoed.lol Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

justphil

lovely post, viv.

not in some  noveau small-plates way but in the greek manner

that's how jen and me take arillas - in the greek way and definitely not small plates!

Thanks
phil

Lou

We to love the greek way of eating, with afussy son of 3 who will only eat meat and veg in the form of chips how can we go wrong!!! We love the huge salads and then a selection of the dishes so everyone can just tuck in.
everything looks better through the eyes of your children

justphil

and yes viv - we love to be mataxaed and ouzoed!
lol
see you soon
philandjen

TONYNEW

Reading the posts in this section has got my mouth watering, can anyone tell me the greek name of the spicy meatball starters i just love them and stuffed vine leaves i could eat both as a main meal washed down with a Mythos or 2 well maybe a gallon lol
                                               Tony

vivian

Hi Tony, Do you mean Keftedas which are had for a main meal most of the time, or maybe Kdokythokerftedes (think thats right) that are made from corgette and fertta cheese with spices and herbs that are a starter or often used in a meze.Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

blondegirl

The meatballs or the courgette balls are the first thing Mike orders on his first meal.  That and the greek salad, he would eat those the whole fortnight and be very happy.  He is very easy to please if they are on the menu but we can never remember the greek names.

Have you every had stuffed courgette flowers.  they are really nice too but never seen them on a corfiot menu.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

justlynn

We were there nearly the whole fortnight last year before we cottoned on and ordered the Greek way with lots of starters!
Dimitris did us proud, and I especially love the courgette and feta starter at Brouklis.
(Also the stuffed peppers at Thalassa) but we never had a bad meal in Arillas, and that was eating at nine or ten different tavernas (Brouklis deserved more than one visit!!)
Yammas,
Lynn

justphil

I adore dolmades - vine leaves rolled around a savoury rice mixture and cooked in a large earthenware pot. Viv is right about keftedas - lovely juicy meatballs in garlicy herby tomato sauce.... even having just got out of bed, my mouth is watering.

Still daydreaming. Laying on the naturist beach, nobody bothering me, waves washing over all of me and dreaming about Graziella's heavenly garlic prawns.

Aaaargh. 3 months of hard work before it comes true...
Phil

TONYNEW

Shurrup lol ive got 18 weeks or thereabouts beore i can get stuck into that gorgeous grub one thing is for sure it will be well worth the wait :-)
                                                    Tony

blondegirl

Garlic Prawns my absolute favourite, I must give those a try at the Graziella
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.