Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

blondegirl

I might just have to try it at least once especially if its got lemony syrup on it.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Eggy

After yesterdays "not so good" weather day , Arillas is back buzzing again.

Hotel Marina had a big beast of a giant there, this morning, pouring concrete and the glass has finally been fitted to the Hotel's outside lift. The hotel has had a final splash of paint and that third floor extension looks like it's always been there.

And..... I can confirm there are still two seats on the pier.
You may not be able to see them in this photo so will have to take my word for it.

( I don't think todays Ouzo was making me see double ! )

Thalassa Taverna has promised me pictures when they're set up and ready. I didnt impose on them this morning as they looked quite busy.

Hotel Akti Pool is coming on in leaps and bounds but, to be honest, It will be a very close thing if both Akti and Marina finish their pools for the end of April.
Only my opinion and it will be great when I'm proved wrong.

The beach is still looking good though.

In the next week or so there will be so many opportunites to take so many pics I won't know where to start. Horizon looking good, Malibu extension with seating in situ,Coconut getting a full revamp, Rainbow,Portofino etc etc etc.
Gotta nother headache now.

Cheers All
Negg

JohnTheRef&Dot

Thanks for the update eggy.
Beach is looking good from the photo.
Can't wait to sink the toes in it.

Peckedhen

Thanks Negg.  It's all getting very exciting now; I don't think that I ever realised just how much work there is in preparation for our arrival. :roll:

ann marie

HI
LOVE SEEING ALL THE PHOTOS AND WHAT IS HAPPENING

15 WEEKS TO GO

OUR FIFTH TIME AND OUR FRIENDS 18TH.

Fiona

Please, please don't stop writing Eggy!  I have just spent most of my luch hour catching up on Arillas Today as my home computer has decided to corrupt the broadband modem drivers and I am still waiting for new ones via snail mail.

I really appreciate all your hard work and input and it is the one thread that I always read when logging on to the forum.  However good your photos are, they are never going to replace the reality of walking around Arillas and seeing for myself the "new bits" in situ, together with their proud respective owners.  Hence I see the photos as a dress rehearsal and not the final production.

Keep it all coming, you are responsible for keeping me sane through this long dreary autumn/winter/spring season we are experiencing over here.  Thank you Dr Egg!

Not long till 9th June (and only 457 days to my retirement - not that I'm counting or anything!)

Fiona

Eggy

Thanks Fiona and all.

But it makes me feel bad today as I didn't have a lot of time.
I did manage to stop and take this one though.

Wegg and I plan for an early weeknd visit, when all the workers are resting, and try and put a few more pics together.

Cheers
Negg

ger

i'll look forward to work on monday then, so i can log on and look!!!
ger x

justphil

That one was enough for me Eggy. Just the thought of walking along the beach from where your pic starts, then a meal at Brouklis......

Looking foward to your weekend pics of course... just like Ger.

best wishes
phil

kevin.g

hi eggy glad everyone is busy ,getting ready for the season ,cant wait till we get there, ask dimitris if he can set you up a ouzo counter somewhere on the forum starting the first day of may to the end of the season ........yammas lol

justphil

kevin - we're talking telephone numbers here! dimitris would need a new computer lol!

sorry eggy... you know i mean it

ha ha
phil!

Eggy

There is a very bad rumour going on that I am known for consuming vast amounts of this Greek Aperitif! I have to say that I drink very little of it.
- I spill most of it after the 3rd one -

Arillas Today with a temp still at 24 deg in the shade at 5 p.m.
I took this, not so good pic, from the track, above Arillas, to a certain ladies house.

If you squint you can just about see the hotel Marina. The third floor extenstion now sits very comfortably within it's surroundings.

Bardis Sun Hotel  looking good and you can see that the pool hasn't been filled yet.

So, you guys who are here in the next couple of weeks don't worry about the quality of water! - Guaranteed fresh.

Malibu looking a very nice place to be.

Just to give some of you, who don't know where the Akti Arillas Hotel is, I took the pic from outside the main entrance. ( Not too far to drag yourself home ! )
And the pool is looking really good and taking shape very nicely.

I'm told that where the conservatory was removed is going to be replaced with another covered area, hopefully a pool bar.

Vassilis, at Armourada, has created a nice little display of artifacts just to the side of his Taverna.

I'm not sure if they are antiques or old Olive wood carvings or new carvings for sale.
( One for you to investigate when you're here )

And...... A very quiet Brouklis. Probably because it was around 4:30 pm.

Not a good picture again, sorry , looks dark. Don't blame the camera just blame the eyes. And it was a very bright sun out there!.

I wanted a picture of Captains table and the continuation of the Marina Pool but a lot of "goings on" there so didn't like to intrude.
Marina has done so much though in a short space of time.

Finally, I woke up yesterday and found I had virtually lost my voice. Wegg has been croaky for the last couple of days. Wots all that about!
( It will at least give all the local donkeys a chance to grow back their hind legs )

Cheers All
Negg

justphil

Fantastic Arillas today Eggy. Jen and me just sat here together and had a wonderful chuckle and loved your latest roving-reporter post.

We had just sat in our local pub working on a strategy for day one on 7 July. Not enough time! We are fully booked for the first four days. Paleo is looking less and less likely this time....

Thanks matey!
Phil

TerryW

Thanks for another good post Eggy. The photos were very good and the last one wetted my appetite.

Just one complaint though, did you have to tell us that it was 24°C, in the shade at 5.00pm? Its cold, wet, misty and b****y miserable here in the Midlands. Its a good job we had a decent pub, Sunday Lunch (3 courses for £9.00), to cheer us up a bit.

Roll on 10 weeks tomorrow.

Peckedhen

WOW!  Fantastic, much awaited photos Negg.
Why are we still living here in the cold, damp UK?
Thank you so much.....roll on June.