Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

justphil

Sandy luvver, I can also remember from 2002 that there was a huge area at the far north end where you could nearly walk round the headland. Us with our rose-tinted memories might mislead, but justhowmuch sand do you need to sunbathe au naturel and swim in warm shallow and safe sea? All of my reports have been my honest experiences. And Jo found the north end easy like she said.

If you want to watch acres of empty sand go to St Stef. But if you want peace, honesty and tranquility, come to our Arillas.

Phil

riggers

yasssouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuxxxx

riggers

bugger.....that nut ale has took over,,,,,,,,lolllllll

justphil

riggers mate, yasooooooooooooooooou!

So wish I were sharing the ale in the nut. I'm having to cope with vodka and cold coffee and the forum here in Baltonsborough.  It ain't a patch on what you're doing. My god I wish I could buy you the next one in the Nut. I'm there in spirit, so it's Black Russians all round then???????

yammas
Phil

Eggy

For those who want to keep an eye on Arillas weather.

http://freemeteo.com/default.asp?pid=23&la=1&gid=2463685

Cheers
Negg

Wendy n Stu

Quote from Eggy - ( Not alot of people know this but Wendy sleeps late in the morning )

I have every intention of phoning Mr Eggleton on Monday morning to check that he is up and about as I leave for work at 6.30 a.m. LOL !!!!!!

Had a wonderful holiday and didn't want it to end.  Great to see you both Neill.  Speak soon. 

Lovely to meet so many friends, old and new.  Thanks for a great time.

W & S. xx

TerryW

QuoteFor those who want to keep an eye on Arillas weather

Thanks for the link Neil, I've been trying to find it. Is it Wendy's weather station?

I would like to see it as a permanent link on the forum.

vivian

Hi Eggy, just looked at this site, but when I went onto the map it showed Kavadardis in mainland Greece. erm?

Stay Nude it ante rude

Eggy

Viv

I'll check with the Boss.

Negg

JohnTheRef&Dot

Looked this up and there it is, where it's been forever
On the Island of Corfu right next door to Arillas.

Eggy

John - Thanks for that.
We were both worried that someone had moved the house during the night.
( Thought the veiw looked different )

Viv - I can see where you went wrong though.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If Arillas Today ( This morning ) is like Kavaddades then it's been a wettie!
Only 11mm of rain overnight but then a down pour from 10:30 ish a.m. which finished around 12 ish. These pics don't do it justice.

Comparing the "sky out line" with the next pic after the rain stopped ,may give an indication just how dark it was out there.

The sun is trying to make a "break out" at the moment and the temp hovers around 20 deg. ( 20 DEG? - WOTSALLTHATABOUT? )
No improvement on that, and I think many places will be looking after many guests this afternoon.

Cheers
Negg

Eggy

Arillas Today never really got going , weather wise, and the Sun was well and truly hidden away and the temp refused to go above 21 deg.

We look at this on the bright side though.
Good point Number 1 - Plenty of space on the beach.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Good point number 2. - More time to spend with those you see and may never talk too. - One big happy family sharing many good conversations.
and............... WHOSE FEET DO THESE BELONG TO?

Answers on a postcard please - Give eee a clue. - they don't belong to me!

A great time , for me, spent this afternoon with Mick n Jill n Calum in the ole Nut.
I luv these afternoons to bits and would miss them should all you Arillas pals decide to holiday in Bulgaria or Blue Anchor ( Where is Blue Anchor? - You may ask! )
I could talk Calum and Darts here but this is Arillas today so find the darts posting now if you are curious.

It may be a wettie but it's still a goodie here peeps.
(It will even get better when I can get my hands on the turkey joint Wegg is cooking! )

Cheers
Negg

Sandy x

So wet and stormy in Corfu today that my friends who were on the Gatwick Easyjet this morning were unable to land. They have been diverted to Thessaloniki and have to spend the night there and try Corfu again tomorrow.....
Sandy x

Karen/Colin

Eggy, those photos look similar to some that we took during our first 2 days in arillas at the beginning of September.
We though we had made a mistake coming so late in the year but the weather did us proud in the end!
I must get on & do the report of our holidays. Just sorting out the photos at the mo!
It was nice seeing you again

Karen & Col (plus Sal & Phil-who aren't Arillas virgins anymore!)

Janis

They're JILL's feet, Eggy! I can't take the credit, though - Jill's posted about her feet on facebook.....
Hope the rain clears up soon for everyone (and for us as well - we're arriving Monday night!)

Janis x