Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

justphil

Eggy, thanks for the update. I'm the galss is half full type, not he empty job! - at least if you were back here the weather would be similar, but then you'd be stuck in the routine. Where you are can be an adventure, and the people are so much nicer than we have every day. I'd rather be living yours. "Don't give up on it baby...."

We just saw a perfect let - just a bit too early for us. Believe us it's better there!!!

phil and jen

Eggy

Phil & Jen
It's an adventure tomorrow alright ! - Gotta find a post office that takes parcels.
And gotta trace a parcel that came to us. Could be in one of 4 places I'm told.
And gotta re-tax the car for Jan 08. ( e98 a year - about £72 - Not bad )
And gotta go to our local tax office.
And gotta go to the Bank.
And gotta check local Kafenio for post. <<<<<< Best Bit - Sneak an Ouzo in!
(It's all pressure,pressure since we moved) - Hee Hee !

They'll be other lets and things will drop into place when you're ready.

11 deg outside and raining but still quite mild.

Cheers
Negg

riggers

Hi Neil.
How are you going to manage all that tomorrow?

I have got to tax my car at the end of the month, just short of £100 for 6 month's.

Never mind Arillas in june.

Cheer's.......riggers....

Eggy

Had a good 'ole driveabout about today and did all our chores.

A very breezy Arillas at 10:30 am and , guess what, we seemed to be the only people there.
Well, the only other guy we say was Spiros @ Armourada.
( Is it Spiros ? - The chap with the giant mustache )
It is so peaceful there - All that quiet going to waste. - Who cares about the breeze !

Stopped just above San Stefanos on our way towards Avliotes. Still very breezy. Wegg stayed on her feet long enough to get a piccie though.

And .... guess what? - North Corfu is becoming very Christmassy. Lights going up in Avliotes and Acharavi. A life size "Daddy Xmas" in Acharavi which I must take a pic of soon and also a nativity scene being put together.

And.... Looking out from the balcony tis evening we noticed some lights so had to drive and investigate. This is one of our neighbours houses.
HOPE YOU CAN SEE IT ! -

Some of you may know "Beer Dimitris" as I call him. He's the young guy who makes the deliveries to Malibu/Coconut etc. 10 from 10 for effort.

And.... They are putting up lights at the Kavvadades Church.

We hope to get some more pictures as we potter around. I'm not sure how these 2 will come out though.

And.... No rain today with a very pleasant and non windy 13 deg inland.
( Has to be a bonus !! )

Regards
Negg

Eggy

Sorry - Didn't get " Beer Dimitris" house right. Trying again.
Negg

Lindypops

Hi Eggy. Sounds like a lovely day there. Fresh but nice. I remember Beer Dimitris. He`s very pleasant, as I remember, even though he didn`t want my body,lol. Is the chap you mention called Leonidas? Bfn.
Lindypops.

dimitris

Beer dimitris

and Takis father of billy or Vasilli from Armourada

Takis is a shorted name for Dimitris too.
below is his son Vasillys, a lot of people mistake these two people so with this post I hope you can put names in to faces!!

every year he has a different look this is the one form 2003.

We had another great day with our son today all seems to be so easy.!!

Talk to you soon,

dimitris
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
Learn About what the Locals want you to know while in Arillas

Erja

Nice pictures Dimitri! Heidi and I call Taki "Uncle mustache". Beer Dimitris face is also familiar after last summer. And then there is of course my bouzuki partner Vasilis and he looks like a lovely nutter that he is :)
Life is good ;)

Eggy

Well done "Brouklis" Dimitris.

This old brain here is not as good as it used to be.
See you all soon.

Best Wishes
Negg

Marika

Beautiful pictures Eggy and Dimitris :-) :-) :-)

www.marika75.webs.com

Eggy

Greetings from a slightly chilly Arillas and North Corfu.

Sorry but have been up to the ole preverbial neck the last few days so the Forum has taken a bit of a back seat recently.

Just after 6pm here and we have 7 deg outside  Having been spoilt with heat since May we do feel the chill just a twinge more.

I am pleased to report that Arillas is still looking good though and any time spent there at this time of year had to be a bonus !!

By kind permission of Joyce and Sandy here are views to Arillas which will greet them every morning when their house is ready early next year. The first is taken from their balcony and the other as you walk/drive down to the property.

Who cares about 7 deg when you see these !!!!!

Our neighbour, Miltos, is "despatching" his Turkeys this weekend. We drove past his house to see him busy plucking one and doing what you have to do I suppose. He had 8 turkeys so it is a little sad now to drive past his "Animal House" and not see any when, the last few months, they've all been "gobbling away" - as they do.
( Real life I suppose ! )
I reckon a couple of geese and ducks may vanish from there this week as well.
Stay well all
Negg

Mango

Thanks for the photos Neil.

It really makes me wish I was there.  Do you think Wendy would let us come and live with you, there's only three of us.

Amanda

Sandy x

Can't access the photos at work so am rushing home to look on my pc there. Thanks Eggy....any sign of any activity up there??
Sandy x

Eggy

Sandy
Wendy has sent you an E-Mail as to progress plus a couple of pics.
Neill

Sandy x

Sandy x