Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

JohnTheRef&Dot

Karl you have become a true Arilliac 
QuoteArillas today will bring whatever really
I think this is your third or may be forth visit, we had the same feeling during our first few visits. and now as we are about to return for our second visit this year in a few weeks time, seven years later and some 12 visits further on we have exactly the same feeling. " Arillas will bring whatever"

A chance meeting with Eggy
Walk on the beach
Afternoon round the pool
Walk up to Akrotiri
Climb up to Afionas
lunch at Effies or Gratsella
May be a Roll and a bottle of pop on the beach
Walk over to San Stephanos
Chatting with the locals
Meeting old friends
Late afternoon sleep 
Greek nights
Dinner at any of the Taverners (take your pick they all have good food)
Sunsets, don't forget the Sunsets
Coconut or Malibu
late night night cap
And much more, Arillas has it all, 

ARILLAS TODAY IS TO BE ENJOYED NOT RUSHED
Enjoy Karl Enjoy, what you miss this time you can do next 
QuoteArillas today will bring whatever really

Truth

Cheers Ref , you're not wrong ! This is the third time , next year will be the fourth. . . . . . . . .  Today so far has bought the pool , scorching weather , good company, a couple of beers (I always warm up before I play , you know that ref ! Lol ) and , well just Arillas really . . . . . .
P.S. Phil sends his regards mate
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Eggy

And....... with 27 deg, at a tad past 5pm, WOTMOOORKANBESAID?

Negg

Truth

Arillas today is Kassioppi today , Horse riding. Looks like another beauty after a cloudy start. Hangovers not too bad , wish I could say the same for the other halfs ! Lol
Three firsts last night , Effis , Horizon and Sharon's pool Bar , loved them all but we could have stayed in Effis all night , wonderful place. Enjoyed sitting upstairs at Horizon , never seen anyone up there before? WOTSALLTHATABOUT. . . . . . .

Val n Bill

Well never got to do my Arillas Today last night....very relaxing day as usual, evening was a dinner date with Negg and Wegg and Viv and Pete.  Janis and her daughter along with beautiful Izzy joined us for a last drink, and Izzy stole a few hearts last night.

Back to the Mathraki for last drinks.....it really was a good night, with standing room only for quite a few people, met Jan for the first time and chatted for ages about Alan, Bill's comment after she left was, " what an amazing lady" once again we forgot to pay the bar bill but that was sorted this morning along with our breakfast bill, it always amazes me that it the customer has to point this out in Arillas, anywhere else they would be running after you.

So now we are into another wonderful day, will walk (not far)  have a nice lunch and come back and snooze by the pool.

Enjoy your day folks, we will certainly enjoy ours :)

Val and Bill xx.
The love affair continues.

peggy1945

Hello all
We're so pleased to be back in Arillas once again. Great to see so many familiar faces and a super welcome from all. Thank you!

Good to meet you this morning Patrick and we look forward to seeing your photos.

We've almost forgotten what day it is, feeling so laid back. It's wonderful.

Chris & Richard, x

Anne

[imghttps://www.dropbox.com/s/1zyhqr6qegpi6x1/Andy%20trophy.jpg][/img]

I hope this has worked - it is Andy from Seamonkeys with his trophy after winning the Greek open doubles in Athens last Saturday.
We were in Arillas for 2 whole months and going again for 2 weeks :-)

JohnTheRef&Dot

Anne
Try the PREVIEW BUTTON before posting
saves a lot of time and makes sure you have got the post sorted

Anne

We were in Arillas for 2 whole months and going again for 2 weeks :-)

justphil

Lovely picture! Thanks for sharing Anne meluvver.

The link is OK, I just copied it without   [img   at the front and without    ][img] at the end and pasted it into Internet Explorer's address box.

Or try this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zyhqr6qegpi6x1/Andy%20trophy.jpg

Phil

Eggy

A little early drive into "Arillas Today" found a very laid back and un-hurried Arillas indeed.

But... I had to go to Acharavi to sign our yearly tax return
(Which is nothing but still costs 60e for the paperwork)
Many cars parked up, in Acharavi, but where are the people? Has an alien beamed them away for nasty experiments?? = So busy but quiet, maybe I was looking in the wrong places.

Then... Back to a very busy Sidari. Not so many vehicles but many people and Sea Monkeys where rushing around as if there were hot plates underneath the floor tiles.
Andy is all of a buzz, obviously, but ask me when I see y'all to give a blow by blow account.
(He has a Barbie, Wednesday evening, 10e each, all you can eat plus a few wines)

A very hot , 26deg out side temp, drive back to Kavadaddes and now waiting for it to cool so I can finish a few outside chores.

A super company and super meal at Brouklis, last night, and tonight we unwind at home as we have a busy , avrio to proi , (morning.)

Exchange offered in Sidari today is e1.21 so I am perdy dam sure it is the same in Arillas.

That's it guys. I hope to bring Andy back down to earth by beating him Thursday week.
(Do pigs fly??)

Cheers
Negg

Dai

Hi Truth, I was also in Efi's last night enjoying a meal with Sandy and Angie. Great food, lovely company and a fantastic location. As you say, could have stayed there all night but I was dragged screaming and kicking to the Rainbow for some nightcaps.

Sea was really nice today. The walk to the north beach looked a long way but the water in front of Efi's was superb. Breeze and waves and Arillas at its best.

Sandy x

We don't remember the screaming and kicking Ian.....
Sandy x

Truth

Arillas today is our last day, well it's not as we're here until 8pm tomorrow.
Arillas the day before yesterday bought a very eventful day horse riding and pool time and a lovely meal at Thomas's
Arillas yesterday bought great waves on the beach, more pool time and a walk up to Night Owl which was shut at 5pm when we got there ! Lol . Popped in Portofino (another first) and then to Efis for Mythos and Greek salad , Coconut and then to see a Take That tribute , oh no , sorry , it was The Worried Men Of Corfu at Rainbow! Lol . They were very good as usual
Where is Neil ?? Two quick sightings all week, Is he scared of my Black Country ouzo drinking capabilities I ask myself? He he (perhaps I just bore him ! Lol)
The fireflies have been out in force all week , fantastic!
Right then , I am off to enjoy some hazy sun before the thunderstorms forecast for the next few days start.

BBB

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Worried-Men-of-Corfu/235032303360263?fref=ts

Here's the Facebook page for The Worried men of Corfu. Next gig at the Amourada on Saturday 31st May 9pm.