Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

Dai

Lovely day today, the rain and wind has been replaced by sun and a calm blue sky. First really calm day for me so I decided to do the two peaks walk. Up to Afionas first for a drink with Kostas in Porto Timoni then back down to Arillas, stopping for a chat with Vicky who was out running, Martyn who was watching the world go by and Spiros and Aggi putting flowers outside Thalassa ready for opening tomorrow. Then the second peak of the day and up to Akrotiri for lunch.  Gotta work off all those delicious calories somehow.

The north and central beaches, and the south to a lesser extent have begun to recover after the recent bad weather. Looks like normal service has returned.

momo

That's better beach news! Enjoying reading you reports Dai. Can't wait to walk to Afionas and Akrotiri again. Thanks!

justphil

Keep 'em coming Dai. Reports that is... Your Twin Peaks day leaves us both gasping just thinking about it. David Lynch made a film about it I think.... saw it on the TV. We could have done it about 20 years ago, but wouldn't have done both. We would just have stayed at Porto Timoni before getting ourselves back to Arillas. These days we feel proud to get as far as the Rainbow.....

ευχαριστώ

Phil

Val n Bill

Will be there on Friday Dai, but you can bet your bottom dollar we won't be following in your footsteps  (two peaks walk!!!).....we are going to relax and then relax some more, but we do understand why you enjoy your walks.... so maybe after a few days on a sunbed we will have a little trek up the the track to see the view while having lunch at Akrotiri.

Well if Zissi hasn't lowered the tables it really doesn't matter because the food will keep us visiting Efi's, I can almost taste the garlic prawns now. :)

Hope to meet you soon.....Val x
The love affair continues.

JohnTheRef&Dot

Quoteso maybe after a few days on a sunbed we will have a little trek up the the track to see the view while having lunch at Akrotiri.

The cliff path has had a battering again Val and is tricky to pass.
There has been a path cut into the field about 30 yards past kaloudis, it then comes back onto the path but becomes quite tricky to pass by the steps that were put in to get onto north beach.

We were going to go up last week but with Dot's knee not being as good as it was we decided to go up another way. Turned left just past Sharon's house then right and up through the path that comes out by the Villa with the lions on the gate. just above the road turning for San Stephanos.

Val n Bill

Thanks John, but staying at the Mathraki I think we will stick to the road.
Those photos tell it all ;)

Val x

Eggy

Bugger!

Viv n Pete are here. Wendy n Stuart sooon plus Val n Bill - Ron n Sue to follow.
( I need an extension to my afternoons and evenings!!.)

22 deg outside at 5 pm and a nice 22 deg it is.

I am told there is a mermaid on Arillas beach. Must get a pic unless someone beats me to it.

Mermaid???? - WOTSALLTHATABOUT?? - Where's she staying?- Is something fishy going on?

Negg

vivian

Got a PIC will try to get it on here later x

Stay Nude it ante rude

vivian

Just remembered can't do it on this tablet have to take photo using this tablet as Haven't got laptop with me, will do that tomorrow. North beach is good today paddled up to lower calf and loads of sand lovely walk and sunbathe. X

Stay Nude it ante rude

justphil

Thank you Eggy and viv. I know what you mean Neill, but your summer life has taken off. I always thought it would slow down when we are there for the whole season, but it won't. So many lovely people to catch up with. They come in waves, like the sea.

In the end you go with the flow, and hope you haven't left anyone out (which of course you have.) Don't feel guilty, it is Arillas and that's how it works.

Viv and Pete, the getting there gets harder and harder by the year, but the being there gets better and better at the same pace. Enjoy your time in the little house. You have very, very special hosts.

Phil

Sandy x

That's great news Viv.....can't wait to be on that beach.....xx
Sandy x

Val n Bill

Arriving  lunchtime or early afternoon Neill, see you then or Saturday? :)

Val and Bill x

vivian

Stay Nude it ante rude

Jez

Neill,

This must be the one which Jeannie sculptured, Viv told me she was making one when we were over. I thought it was going to be by the jetty though. Obviously not!

Jez

Eggy

Tiz a Jean Walsh, Jez , but I didn't know it was happening.
(The last I saw of the sculpture it was only a tadpole)
Well done, our Viv, for the photo.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Val n Bill
Right now, work wise, Saturday early afternoon, is a good option for me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tis, maybe just for me, a chilly 5pm as the temp has dropped to 18 deg.
Not a bad dry day though.

Cheers
Negg