villa linakis

Started by janet mcewan, July 11, 2009, 04:21:26 PM

Janis

I can't believe I missed this thread....

I've just read it from beginning to end as Barry was going to watch the Holland v Uruguay match and I'm still laughing now!!

Thank you all for your very funny contributions!   Barry and I would love to stay at Villa Linakis but would need to get a few family members or friends together first.  We walked (uphill!) past it in May and it looks absolutely fabulous!!!

We'll be in Arillas at the end of September (the same time as Viv and Pete) so looking forward to meeting Neil and Wendy for the first time

Yammas!

Janis x x

Pommie

Start saving now Janis - It really is worth it :-)

It's even better now there's wifi (well for us nerds anyway) as I can easily tell you all that I've been doing nothing all day. Time for breakfast - yoghourt and honey  watching the swallows drink from the pool today I think. Then maybe a lazy couple of hours reading before a stroll up to the big supermarket in the village up the hill to see if I can find some beefburgers for small person to sling on the barbie.

By the way - what do you think of these 3 extra guests on the balcony upstairs - they're noisy but sweet :-)

Janis

Well I did wonder whether they were for real or an addition like the flag/dartboard, etc... !! I had to ask Barry to confirm as it looked like they were grinning through big white teeth...lol

Have you tried the special burgers at Horizon?  We used to have them for lunch - fantastic! In fact when we return in September we're staying at the Horizon hotel.

Would really love to stay at Villa Linakis, though - and will start saving (??) - honest!

Enjoy your holiday

Janis x

Pommie

We haven't tried Horizon yet Janis. So many places...so little time....

See what you mean about the teeth :-)

Here's one of the parents queuing to feed them - you can see the other parent's tail already there feeding them.

Not a good time to be a flying insect...

Janis

Aw, brilliant! And such lovely markings!

Jo Wissett

Pommie, when you go to the Horizon (and it really is a must) have the chocolate souffle afterwards.  Divine! And you MUST have an after dinner drink on the balcony....

Janis

...and the freshly squeezed fruit juice, Jo! That's fantastic!

Eileen

Quote from: Jo Wissett on July 07, 2010, 08:58:20 PM
Pommie, when you go to the Horizon (and it really is a must) have the chocolate souffle afterwards. 

Thanks Jo...you realise you have just added another inch or two to my waist...but that won't put me off ordering it :-)

Eileenx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

Janis

I'm lucky in that I don't particularly like desserts (I know - strange woman!) but usually have starter and mains.  Must be the wine that puts the inches on my waist!

Janis x

Pommie

So windy today! We ended up down on the beach round the headland covered in green mud and then wave jumping and snorkelling in the sea (surprisingly clear given the waves). Great fun. The walk around the points is about the same as last year. As usual there were loonies climbing over the cliff face apparently unaware that it is about as solid and reliable to stand on as the filo pastry on the spanakopita I bought at the bakery on the way home. Watching them do it is not a great spectator sport... Too tense...

We're worried about the baby swallows in the eaves - if they try to fly for the first time in this wind they'll have no chance! They keep fluttering their wings like mad so it won't be long now.

We've noted the Horizon for a visit but we thought we'd better pay homage at Brouklis first :-)

Nan

I was lucky enough to have a guided tour of the villa when I was in Arillas last October. I must say I was impressed and would love to stay there with my family.

Now then. are you sure we are not related Janis?  I feel sure there must be a some link somewhere I feel as though we could be related !!!??? 

When are you free ... September is good for me too?   well what a coincidence get it booked and we will settle up when we get there !!

Cheers Nan

Last one in the pool's a sissy !

NicandJohn

How does anybody get to stay at villa linakis? I've emailed them half a dozen times and it just bounces back!
john

Eileen

Hi John,

So sorry you have been having a problem sending an email...or rather I've had a problem receiving them.  My computer has been down for just over a week but all is back to normal today...thank goodness.

I've just received an email which I guess is from you...I'll get onto it straight away.

Nan...we'd love to have you...xxx

Eileen.x
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

NicandJohn

Hi Eileen, thanks for your response. We often walk past your place going up the hill, then turn right into the olive grove and walk across to the afionas road before dropping back down to tria adelphia for frappe's with Phil. As we go past we always talk about the peace and tranquility of the place, so really want to visit at some point. Nic is asleep after 13 hours saving lives, so when she wakes I'll let her know we've heard from you and be back in touch.
Thanks again
john

heatherberriman

Omg have so loved this thread,i wish we could stay here,but alas theres only two of us.would love to catch up with you next year eileen.