Pondering the first 2 weeks in May... Any thoughts?

Started by nicki, March 08, 2012, 04:51:53 PM

nicki

I'm pondering going back home (as in where the heart is!) for the first two weeks in May? Not sure about the weather at this time though? Does anyone have any thoughts? I'm definitely over in August :D

katmc1

I have been over in May weather fine .Ideal if you enjoy walking no coat needed.The only down side was bugs biting but that is a small price to pay .All places open so dont worry about shops.all well stocked.\\i am over 28th may cannot wait ...Enjoy.

dorothy

When you say bugs biting - are there mossies about in May?

Dorothy
Dorothy

JohnTheRef&Dot

First two weeks in May
Worth it just for the fireflies
you could catch a shower or two but the sun will soon dry things out and it may get a little cool in the evenings.
Some places may still be about to open but most places will be open

Go for it, Any time in Arillas is a good time

katmc1

plenty of bugs but boots extra strong work wonders.It hasnt put me off and I am allergic to the little darlings ......

iluvsangeorge

We choose to go during the 2nd week in May and have not found the mozzies too bad at all, far fewer than in late summer and September, and no wasps.  However we do cover up in the evenings anyway as they can be cool.

Weather can be changeable and we have had lovely hot weather as well as chilly damp days. 

Dennis

nora

I agree with Dennis - I have been to corfu in May and the mozzies were no more troublesome than any other time. The lovely thing about May is that I could wear my denim jacket comfortably in the evening so did not need to spray the repellent on my body as much as if going later on in the season. The weather is alot fresher which I love.
Nora  xxx

kevin.g

nikki
it dosnt matter what time of the yr u go mozzies are there,im lucky i dont get bit ,,but my wife gets welts on her legs.but we go back every yr ,she now use,s a deet based body lotion  ,, hey presto...........yammas ,,,,but the fireflies are not to be missed..told my kids they were fairies.lol..............yammas

Truth

Been to Greece many times in May (never Arillas) and the weather can be a bit "hit and miss" . Had some gorgeous weeks, had some bad ones, good walking weather .....   I have found there to be a few more Mozzies about in May than any other month as a rule ,but thats just my opinion. Always found August to be the most mozzie free months for some reason. Could be as its so dry, they do like a bit of moisture, and they don't like the wind and August has the warm winds as a rule.
I read somewhere that the IDEAL breeding place for mozzies is inside dumped car tyres believe it or not, plenty of them left lying about by our Greek frineds !! he he .   Very hot and holds any moisture there is about.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Val n Bill

Never seen any DUMPED tyres around Arillas.
May have seen tyres at the bus garage........ but never just dumped.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Truth

As I say never been there but I have seen them dumped on every other island I have visited. You have to admit the Greeks are not the "greenest" even though I love them to bits as a nation !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

nicki

I did it! Booked! Last 2 seats on flight for me and my little man (aged 10). Super excited!!!

:)

Eileen

Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

Janis

Well done Nicki! You and he will love it!
Our first holiday to Arillas was early May and it was lovely

Janis x