Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

Jo Wissett

Erm it's hard to know really because we have always been 'beach' rather than pool people. Personally I have been up early doing lengths on my own. Not sure I'd feel as comfortable if was lots of people in it to be honest

harold

Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

vivian

What a lovely post Jo, wish we were there but getting glimpes like your makes us hopeful that everything will be same as all ways when we get there. x

Stay Nude it ante rude

Eggy

Thanks Jo, - and thanks for taking time out for your excellent reports

As I understand it the size of the pool denotes how many people should be using it at one time.
Obviously with less people there has been no need for any pool owner to enforce this.
It is possible that many feel safer in the sea where the only bodies close to you are the little fish.
(and the Piranha of course!! - Don't forget the jelly fish!! - They'll sting yer arse!!)
But... to all I say ... use these pools , plenty of space and safe (Unless you cannot swim , like me!!)
However , the sea looks a cracker right now and should not be ignored
We hit 35 deg at 6pm and far too hot for me but tis good to see all parking spots . in Arillas , being used.
A good time being had by all that I see.
Cheers
Negg

Truth

Yes....... thanks Jo for the uodates as a visitor and thankyou , as always Mr Negg , for your on the spot reports 😉
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Eggy

Karl / Truth , you are very welcome and not long afore you B here?
Trust your little lady is well and , of course . you all.
38 deg ,at 6:30 pm , here on our balcony forces me inside to huff n puff and wonder why "ME?"

I cannot deal with any 30 deg plus,  as the darts slip from my hands and hit big trebles. Why cannot I hit these in the Winter?? - Right now , I could win the soggy T-shirt contest , in Sidari, but probably be beaten by the female wearing a see through fabric. (I must accept I do not have the chest to compete!!)

Anyway , next week is a hottie forecast but in a weeks time I think temps will drop but still look after all much better. - 30 deg will not be sniffed at.

and. apart from those with "custom designed" masks you would think that COVID was just a bad dream!
No margins for error though, so hat's off to the Greeks for making a spade a spade!!
Cheers
Negg

Truth

All good here mate thanks , just hoping that the cruise ships being allowed to dock again in Greece doesn't result in anything happening to scupper our plans ..........

Eggy

Karl,
I am sure all checks will be done with the same stringent routines as Airports/Ferries. - I will also leave the vast improvements to those appts, opposite Bardis , to surprise you. They look a cracker.

Arillas today sits at 38 deg for 5:30 pm. - Arghhhh ! - However , I think we got that temp, in Corfu Town, this morning from 8:30 to 11:30am. - So hot there.

Maybe I will amuse you , and others , how my application for a Greek driving license is progressing.
(Too much for the forum but happy to sit and give you a smile or two on the procedures)
cheers
Negg

JohnTheRef&Dot

[quote author=Eggy link=topic=2312.msg149991#msg149991
Maybe I will amuse you , and others , how my application for a Greek driving license is progressing.
(Too much for the forum but happy to sit and give you a smile or two on the procedures)
cheers
Negg
[/quote]

You must have been getting sick of trying to talk the legs off that cast iron pot.

Eggy

Ah John , I am afraid that all my "yap" "yap" "rabbit" "rabbit" very quickly melted the cast iron pot!!
(however good news is that I made many euros from the residue)

"yap yap" . no problem today, as I bumped into Kevin G. On his way to a lunch at Grazella. Sadly  for him. and good lady, it probably ended  up as an early evening meal!!

Picked on Scottish Yianis as a good alternative but with 35 deg, and too hot, the will to communicate was soon lost. Home early to lose euros on Goodwood racing.

Tomorrow is another day and gives me time to confuse Kevin , yet again , with my sense of humour.

meanwhile...... I gotta Greek driving license which means I can pass vehicles on corners , park anywhere and generally drive like a maniac!!
( The above with apologies to all my Greek pals who drive much better than many in the UK and me)

and.... KEVIN .. I cannot play football in Greece as I slide all over the pitch.
(Explanation, on a postcard, to follow - You bugger , you!!!)

Cheers Negg

Scottishyannis

Yes l think so especially yesterday

soniaP

Arillas today finds us on our 3rd day here and the people are as welcoming as ever but no hus but rather an elbow bump. It is getting busier every day which has put big smiles on the business owners faces

This morning we took a stroll up to Gravia and had some breakfast. On the beach with a well welcomed lunch at Gratselas. Covid feels like a whole world away but that doesnt mean there is complacency. A lot of hand sanitizer is being used and condiments disinfected inbetween each use etc

I have to be honest and admit the journey was very stressful.  Young group on plane who thought the rule regarding face masks did not apply to them.

We did get on the bus at the airport to go to the terminal building but it was only about half full.

It certainly is fantastic to be here.  The first day all we could all say was we couldn't believe we were here.

kevin-beverly

Hi Sonia

Have a fantastic time I know you will

Kevin

Truth

Enjoy Sonia.... I am sure you will 😉😎

Eggy

37 deg , Sonia , at 6:30 pm. That'll melt your contact lenses or you ;ole mans underwear.!!
Course you may not have contact lenses but I cannot answer for your 'ole man!!
You guys enjoy your time and maybe bump into you.
Cheers
Neggg