Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

ouzoandolives

Yes eggy come on, im new to this forum and computing lark but am enjoying reading your post's they make the rain thats here again (see post on weather) a bit more tolerable, and dont spare the ouzo i have got a bit left from my hols there so i will have some when i come on here again later on, yammas.

Eggy

You lot are too nice and now you're making me feel guilty. Even a roving reporter needs time off to get some work done.
However........ Some afternoons you just have to get away from it all and,just take a peek at what's going on in .

Arillas maybe this afternoon, providing I can finish with the builders here who are now on catch up with various jobs around various properties. Jobs they fell behind on when  the last few months temperatures were hovering around 30 deg. We now have to fit in with their time slots or lose them for a few more weeks.

Right now it's only 19 deg here at 9:35 pm and just slightlier chilly than yesterday.
I expect it will be about 25 deg about 2 ish and just right for, what is now becoming, a quieter beach and very peaceful place to be.

Once the morning dew gets off these railings here I have some painting to do.
-- So much work  - So little time !!!!
Negg

TerryW

I don't want you to feel guilty Eggy but my Monday morning has been a nightmare and its only 9.30am.

A drive to work in pouring rain and quite high winds, avoid M40 because of queues due to accident, drive around four large branches that have been blown down during the night.

Get to work and electricity has been off so the servers are down. Get servers running again, turn on my PC, see the Arillas web cam showing a lovely blue sky, and then read your post.

I want to be in Arillas!!!!! NOW

Erja

Hear hear! I got soaked up to my knees, my umbrella died in the high winds and the hairstyle with it. Monday :(

I would sooooooooooooooo much rather be in Arillas too!
Life is good ;)

Maggie

I'd love to be there. I've just had a very horrible visit to the dentist!!!!

steph

Hi everyone, i just wanted to say my son and i are coming to Arillas on saturday for the 1st time! We can't wait! i keep looking at the web cam and thinking this time next week!  We will be there.

This web site has been brill and i have been on here most days reading all your posts.

Eggy

OK !
I gave up on the builders at 3 pm and went to Arillas where I found a very quiet beach with average temperature of 24 deg. - A really good afternoon.
But only an exchange rate of e1.416 ???
Just for a change I shared a drink with Kes and wife in the Thalassa. Service was good.

And folks - Remember you heard it here first -
- ARILLAS IS GETTING OLDER!!!
Probably the average age of the holiday enjoyer is now 54. Gone are nearly all those "youngies" of a 20-40 age group to be replaced by the more mature connoisseurs
of Arillas. - However, how hard I try,I can only find a handful of people older than me.
Life can be cruel.
Negg

Mythos & Mataxa

Hi Eggy,
QuoteGone are nearly all those "youngies"
The youngies are back next week yet another year older.
Hope to have a couple of drinks with you next week.

see you soon
Matt and Claire

Eggy

Matt and Claire
Look forward to it. - You could be the youngest ones here next week!
Neill & Wendy

Rugbymad

Do we qualify as youngies? lol we are a party of thirty somethings.
And we arrive later tonight.

Eggy

So the "youngies" are returning!!!
You will still be outnumbered Rugbymad. Not enough of you to control those gangs of Oldies roaming the streets at night.
Anyway - You're only as old as you feel and the last few days I've met a lot of 25 year olds!!!!!
Negg

Mornings still a bit chilly here now. - Only 18 deg at nearly 10 a.m. - Hate to say it but our Oregon Radio Controller forecasts rain. But it's been wrong before.
It probably feels colder to us now as we've been spoilt with all those high temps since May. 

Rugbymad

Well it's got to be better than our measely 14c top temp here lol.

Rugbymad

kes

Sat in brouklis at the moment warm sunny morning..met Eggy yesterday ,,we had a cosy chat over an ouzo...weather been great the last week,hope it continues.poss some rain on the way 6 more days to go and the thought of returning home is creeping in..if time could stand still.....

TerryW

All this talk of Youngies and Oldies is quite funny, I just wish I knew at what age you pass from one side to the other.

I have this vision of the Youngies walking up past the Coconut Bar and suddenly all the oldies appear coming in the opposite direction like the "Thriller Video"