Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

patrickjohn

Had a chat with Springs65 and she did certainly seem to be enjoying the Kaloudis & Arillas experience. Good to know that work is being done to shift the tons of seaweed brought up by the storm.  It was certainly making a mess of the beach all the way along.
Expect some grape vines will get the benefit of it as compost!

The Jetty & Bench under the weather after the storm - 14th September 2012

Regards
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

springs65

Hi PJ good to know you are home safe and sound, been another lovely day here again today.

Just back from Portafino after a very nice meal. They have been on the beach again tonight with the JCB loading all the seaweed on to a  big  wagon. Made several trips so I think it will be much better tomorrow on the beach.

Yep we are converts from Zante now to Arillas, get home Friday and we will be down to travel agent Sat to book for Kaloudis next May and Sept.

Jo Wissett

And have you had the pleasure of the one and only Spiro at portofino?! An Arillas must!

springs65

Yes Jo we have a very pleasant man and funny too.
Had some lovely meals while we have been here, but just one bad one which I won't mention. It's the first bad meal I have had in Greece for a long time.
It was on the list I made of recommendations too.
Just know we won't go there again

Lovely day here again, going to make the most of these last couple of days. Home on Friday
Love my holidays but always ready to go home, miss my grand kids too much

springs65

PJ was telling me about the Arillas Facebook site, I can't seem to find the right one. Can anyone post the link for me please.

Just bought this iPad before our holiday and it's the best thing I have ever bought. So good to be able to keep in touch with family but Skype not been very good

Kaloudis do have free wifi in the bar and around the pool area, you just need to ask Billy in the bar and he will put the code in for you.

patrickjohn

Have connected Springs65 to the various facebook sites.  Agree that 'young' Billy lets you sign into his wifi if you have the right gear.  However if not there are two pay computer terminals in the Splish Splash bar - €1 for 20 minutes I think.
Regards
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

PPMMAN

Hey Jo any message for Spiro at Portafino when i see him Fri ??

Jo Wissett

Yes Arthur,tell him we miss him but that Mick doesn't miss the hangover he got from his plastic bottle home brew!!

Eggy

A cracker of a thunderstorm here at 1:30 pm.

Thunder,lightening and heavy rain. Trying to figure out a passage to the Punto which does not involve water.

Negg

Truth

WALK !!!!   You want to borrow my flip flops Neil ?  he he
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

springs65

Storm over, back to lovely sunshine, just sat in Horizon enjoying a cold drink.
Back home tomorrow but I will be back!!!

BlueHeather

hi guys....nice meeting you neil... didnt expect such a nice welcoming committee lol.  well seems we brought the manchester rain with us.... got soaked today....well the beach towels did...we legged it to taverna and got wet inside!! then did get wet on way back from from ag giorgios  on scooter. just partaking in mythos round rainbow pool now..sun out again now...hi Dylan xx love to u and Joy xx   
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

dylan

Hope you two are enjoying our piece of heaven, sorry we could'nt order better weather for you!
still, its bl...dy freezing here and wet, at least your rain should be warmer! lots of love

adairsl

I read the posts on the forum regularly but dont often contribute.However I have noticed recent chat about Spiro at Portifino and feel I must say a few words.This year was our 8th visit but was particularly special.For the last 18 months I have been fighting throat cancer and went through radical surgery at the end of April this year.I promised my wife we would not miss Arillas and we made it at the end of August.However I could only eat efectively liquids.We explained the problem to Spiro on our 1st night who for the next 2 weeks ensured that I always had something I could eat at I may say at  virtually no cost.I am not saying others would not have done the same but Spiro went out his way to make sure I felt comfortable in Portifino.
I guess it is just another example of why we all return year after year.We have already booked for Kaloudis at the same time next year!
Oliver Adair.

justphil

Totally humbled Oliver, by your courage and fortitude. Please accept Phil and Jen's very best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

I for one am not surprised at Spiro's generosity and charity. It is a hallmark of the people of  Arillas.
QuoteI guess it is just another example of why we all return year after year.
Exactly.

So glad you have Kaloudis to look forward to. All the very best.

Phil