That's all folks (Arillas)

Started by riggers, October 31, 2008, 12:22:58 AM

BeckyB

I know what you mean Sharon - hasn't the time flown?
It does feel sad that it's the end of the season, but when you think how hard people work in the village to try & give everyone such a lovely time - well, I bet they're looking forward to a hard earned rest :-)

I remember chatting to Yiotta a few weeks ago & she was telling me that she doesn't even live in the village, but somewhere just outside Corfu town.
She said that in high season she was keeping the shop open until 1 or 2 in the morning as a lot of European visitors like to shop late.
Can you imagine the working hours she was putting in? 10 in the morning till the early hours of the next morning - & then she's got to get home again.
Phew! And I thought I was a hard worker :-)
Doesn't even compare.
BeckyB x

sharonF

Hiya Becky, she does work hard doesnt she!  Such a lovely lady as well.  When I went in there in Sept, she said, yassoo, when i replied in English she said, oh i thought you were greek, she said i have greek features, I was really pleased, haha.

Sharon x

BeckyB

Did she?
Well I think that from now on Sharon you should ensure that ALL your postings on the Forum are in Greek :-)
Can you imagine if we had to do that? My postings would be very, very short - probably about 3 words :-)
BeckyB x

angiem

I believe in high season, Yiota actually sleeps in the back of the shop!!

blondegirl

I remember Yiotta tell me that too Becky... she said the Italians would come in late and browse around at 2.00 a.m. the she would have to go home and be back to open up again...
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Sandy x

Yiotta does sometimes stay at the shop overnight because it is such a long journey. She had a car accident towards the end of the season so stayed in the shop a bit more often. She certainly deserves a break at the end of the season!
Sandy x

georgia

Hi girls, agree with you all, Yiotta is absolutely lovely. Standing joke with my husband, whenever I enter her shop I am ages..she is lovely to chat to.
Bet that she has shown you all photos of her house, very proud of it, rightly so.
I often buy gifts to take home in her shop but regardless of whether I am buying or browsing she always seems so genuinely pleased to pass the time of day.
Wishing you all a good if not somewhat chilly weekend.

riggers

I still laugh now at a certain T shirt she has hanging up. I bet you have all seen it. ??

riggers....

justphil

She has always been a breath of fresh air to us. Phased me a bit when she said last October "we like nice people here"  so I said "had we better leave now then...."

We have had a lot of chuckles with her, and like Hannah in the Nut, she mothers me. Sitting with Jen in the Nut one afternoon in July, she walked past and waved to us, then three hours later walked past again. Came up to the door and said "Are you still here? All afternoon??"

She is adorable and is another example of how it is the people who make Arillas what it is.

Phil

riggers

Lovely Lady. Spoke to her more times this year than any other time. So nice to have conversations with the locals. :)

riggers....

blondegirl

I reminded her that my friend Lynda and I tried on all her dresses one afternoon last year (we did a bit of retail therapy for a couple of hours and as there arent too many shops spent a long time with Yiotta having a right laugh - she remembered us doing that... she was probably watching our antics on the camera and thinking Oh no!  I have got to put all that lot back! (we didnt leave it all in a mess honest!).. but we did look at everything - its like an Aladdins Cave in there, it went through my mind this year that with so many tiny nick nacks and clothes it must take forever tidying and sorting that lot out and shes on her own there.

Eileen

I agree with all that has been said about our lovely Yiotta.  She is such a kind and gentle lady she deserves all this praise.  Yiotta was the first person to welcome us to Arillas and was very generous with her help and advice...Yiotta I wish we had listened more carefully!!! ;-)

I've sent Yiotta a text so that she can read all the lovely praise and realise how much we all appreciate her.

I took these photos last Monday....

By arillas

By arillas

Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

BeckyB

Oh wow Eileen!
Those snaps have just put the biggest grin on my face! I didn't realise you & Yiotta were such good chums - we must have a neb about this some other time, I adore her!
I've purchased many fine clothes in her shop - & it is indeed an Aladdin's treasure trove!
B x

blondegirl

I felt like waving to her... Hi Yiotta!!!

justphil

We said it at the same time Sandy luvver. Except as usual the woman had the last word. My post disappeared...

Yiotta is another example of how the people make Arillas is what it is. She always seems to have time to chat, and is another one who mothers me. She is special...

Phil