Arillas 2011

Started by justphil, April 24, 2011, 10:37:44 PM

justphil

The new season begins. Easter is over. Now help the world to find Arillas. Tell us about your own special experience of being here. Was it the fireflies, the sun, the food, or just the welcome? What made your first stay so good and kept you coming back?

For Jen and me it was the people. But they are living on a mile of gorgeous coastline and they don't seem to matter so much now. Tell the world like I do. What does Arillas mean to you in 2011?

Val n Bill

Of all the many places we have visited in Greece, the islands and the main land, Arillas was the place we were searching for.

Arillas has presented us with so many friends we didn't we know we had, both residents and visitors like us who can only manage a few weeks a year in this wonderful place.
Like the tag says...... The Love Affair Continues.

Val x
The love affair continues.

kevin.g

for me it,s the place the people and the freindships that have been made in a small village thats in our hearts daily,,,,,yammas.xx,and a saying i once said ,,in arillas freindship is only a yammas away....x

keith(geezer)

for me and ann it`s the people and the freind on here so as kevin is allways saying yammas to you all see you in may   yammas

kvarnell

Arillas was always in my heart I just did not find it until my 40's, maybe I needed to see other places before I appreciated paradise, now its the place I always want to be in and I think about daily, Yammas to all other believers. Home Sweet Home x

MaryH

It's several things for me the people, the friendliness , the beautiful scenery and the way it makes me feel comfortable enough to visit on my own

Erja

I've said it before and say it now. In Arillas you feel the unbearable lightness of being and I don't know what, who or where that can beat that.

Simples ;)
Life is good ;)

TONYNEW

For us it's everything the laid back slower pace of life the people the smell of the olive groves and BBQs on a night the way you can just chill out do what you like when you like the beach the sunsets the Tavernas and Restaurants,need i go on i think everyone knows exactly what i mean
Next year with a bit of luck we shall be there with my other daughter her partner and the grand kids they have been to Pefkos in Rhodes with us and Alykes in Zakynthos but it will be a 1st for Arillas and i just know they will love it :-)
Tony

vivian

Arillas to us, hard to explain to anybody apart from those that have already been there. The warmth of the people and place, the way it just makes you relax, and that special feeling we get as we arrive as if we have been there all our lives and the warm glow that it's where we belong and coming home again. I could go on and on about the  the place the people the food the beach the scenary but im going to leave it there as I have things to do in the next 2 days and cant sit here for the next 48 hrs at least trying to descibe what it is about Arillas that brings us all back time and time again. love Viv & Pete

Stay Nude it ante rude

JohnTheRef&Dot

Arillas Is like a large magnet.
It has this habit of pulling you back time after time.
It has special qualities and every time you get pulled back you find something more special.
I hope it keeps pulling me back for years to come.

A special little place with special qualities,  so want to be there.

Jo Wissett

Arillas is quite simply 'coming home'. I cannot describe the joy I feel that first morning when I walk across the road to the sea and think YES!!!!!

kvarnell

Jo you have said what we all feel, cannot wait until August x

dylan

Totally agree with all comments, we came last year for the first time, we walked down to the front, and my wife said "Is that it?", twenty minutes later, she said I think that we will come back again next year! we arrive last week in May, she is already counting the days, hours, minutes.

It seems to pick you up and put you in a better place, even if only for a week or so, and the memories help keep you going till the next time

Jo Wissett

Quote from: dylan on April 26, 2011, 09:58:03 PM

It seems to pick you up and put you in a better place, even if only for a week or so, and the memories help keep you going till the next time

I couldn't word it better myself Dylan!

Paul D

Quote from: Erja on April 25, 2011, 10:10:36 AM
I've said it before and say it now. In Arillas you feel the unbearable lightness of being and I don't know what, who or where that can beat that.

Simples ;)
Summed it up perfectly, Erja.  But also agree with the other posts.
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!