New beach/sunbed rules in Greece

Started by turkeyfoot, March 15, 2024, 11:16:02 AM

turkeyfoot

Hi

https://greekreporter.com/2024/03/15/greece-new-beach-law-bans-sunbeds-beach/

Also reported in many UK press stories

Well worth a read on  the new restrictions.

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Truth

You just know that it won't be policed , this is Greece !   lol
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

turkeyfoot

Quote from: Truth on March 15, 2024, 03:36:04 PM
You just know that it won't be policed , this is Greece !   lol

Hi Truth
This is an example of two methods suggested for policing the rules as reported in another press story, as you say this is Greece:

Electronic reporting systems will be installed near beaches so people can report any violations by beachfront businesses - drone inspections will also be carried out.

Geoff
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than  to speak up and remove all doubt.

Truth

The drones will be used to take nice videos for tourism and no ones grassing the beachfront taverna's up 😁🤣

Erja

I think crowded beaches are awful but I also understand the local economy 🤷‍♀️
Life is good ;)

Mojboj

Any update on sunbeds ? Looking on skyline webcams many beaches in Corfu and Greece in general have sunbeds on beaches ....

Sandy x

Sandy x

harold

Sea is coming a long way up the beach at the moment,so no sunbeds on the beach,however did notice they were getting ready on the north beach.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

turkeyfoot

Hi
Not Arillas thankfully

Apart from the new rules Mystique Beach in Skiathos now charge 100 euro for two beds and a brolly per day.
The cost breakdown is £30 euro for the beds and brolley and the other 70 euro has to be spent in the taverna.

Some beaches are charging a sliding scale of charges for beds. Front row can be up to 50 euro reducing the further you are away from the sea

Geoff

Karen/Colin

On the webcam there appears to be fewer beds on the beach this year. Also I am guessing due to the reduced beach size & Pedro's retirement.
Looks like there will be more folks buying brollies & loungers for the beach & I expect the beds around pools will be in demand too.
Karen

Truth

Pedros retired , Armourada closed..... its going to be a different Arillas this year. Saying that , things change, thats life ☹️