Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

Eggy

Well done to all who got those better exchange rates but still expect e1.30 here June/July, if changed locally. - My prediction!
(Still better than last Summer)
Whilst the exchange is dropping I think the rain has finished it's dropping for a while. Now 16deg outside and dry and very pleasant.

There is that usual Arillas Buzz, around Arillas, of course, which is a gentle, but laid back, reminder that all is being prepared for the Summer.
And, of course, Sidari, Ag Georgos and Ag.Stephanos is also coming alive with many cement mixers and power drills and hammers and jet washers etc.

My bad Winter here is fast becoming a bad dream.

Cheers
Negg

Eggy

Arillas Today welcomes Phil n Jen, with open arms , and I'm talking "arms" attached to the body , not the "arms" you buy if you want to shoot someone!!!

The weather is on it's best behaviour and we still enjoy a 19deg outside temp at 6pm. (And the sun is out)
I'll leave the main report to these guys.

Enjoyed a long 'ole natter with them , this afternoon, and not a dart in sight. They look like they have never been away. HOWGOODISDAT?
(Anyway... can't get to the Marvel Dartboard as Costa has 12 crates of Mythos stacked in front of it. Now why is that?)

Cheers
Negg

june

Does anyone in Arillas change money commission free I've normally paid to change which then makes rate similar to home whereas in Spain I don't normally commission

Jo Wissett

If they do June I have never found any!

Sandy x

They charge commission but usually give you a better rate than here....
Sandy x

JohnTheRef&Dot

Always find we get a better rate on the exchange than we do in the UK
It's around 2%..... Willingly give 2% to the people who provide us with a fabulous holiday.

JohnTheRef&Dot

Where are you Phil and Jen  not seen you sitting on the bench on the webcam yet
ARE YOU THERE? ...lol

justphil

Can't find the posts I thought I'd made.... must be so high on being here I am in a daze.....

Arillas Today is warm and sunny, about 20 degrees and cloudless .at 11am. Many folk have stopped and wished us yassou, and we are both extremely happy as might be expected. We sat with a crowd outside Sharon's yesterday sinking beer like it had gone out of fashion. Gary reckons it likely he will be doing the boats again this summer. Both he and Sharon look younger and brighter than ever. With us also were Ang and Lezeck, Darren and Jane, Billy and partner (Jez' son) and a brilliant time was enjoyed by all.

Armourada is getting a huge facelift with Leon in a permanent cloud of dust. He did stop to natter with us for a while though. Verena and Angelos were met on the road outside the Nut (we created a traffic jam) and a big hug was shared with Yiota who is hard at work in the shop.

Dimitri is in fine form and may be opening later in the week, or next week when kitchen improvements are complete. There will be news on the bench in due course.

The beach is currently small and covered in kelp, Gravia remains majestically in the sam place, even after me staring at it for an hour. The upshot is that by May, our much loved seafront will be in excellent condition and waiting for us all to enjoy.

We spent a very happy hour or three at Beach Point, which is here you will find us again today in about half an hour.

Very best wishes from a quiet, beautiful and special Arillas.
Phil

soniaP

Just seen you on the webcam Phil & Jen 12.30 Arillas time. You lucky things. Looks like a lovely day.

cypress

PhilnJen, you sound to be having an amazing time. What I'd give to watch Gravia for an hour with a couple of beers! Enjoy.

Just seen the advert for the new village salon - Hair Wizard - it looks very posh and that means I'll be able to get my fringe cut in a straight line when I'm there for a month - perfect. Better go, I'm gong to get done for being on here while at work! 

suzy61

Phil n Jen

Thanks for the up date on our beautiful Arillas! It all sounds great and I can't wait to see what Amourada will look like when it's complete. The last time we ate their we had some fantastic whitebait...delicious! So pleased that the weather is being kind to you both and you're having such a great time...savour every minute as it goes by so quickly!

Suzy X

justphil

Arillas Today has befriended me yet again. In fact it included my Jen in a whirl of equality. It was women's day today. Big hugs from Kiki (yes I got another from her yesterday) but we met Litsa and had a sighting of beautiful bebis, Angela from Mirage stopped the traffic to say hello and Katerina from Thalassa ran across the road to give us a hug. Arillas Today was hot, sunny and still. I got sun burned on my hairline, and drank a lot of Mythos.

Everyone here is painting, repairing, strimming, renewing.... you will never notice unless they hadn't and then you'd say about it.

Two folk whom I assumed didn't want to know me said kalimera, yassou to me today. Georgios from Malibu and Spiros from Akti went out of their way to welcome me to Arillas. Peace and love breaking out all around. Kostas at Marvel keeps getting messages for us from Ireland, Yammas Sandra and Jim.

Ariilas Today? Waking up, and we are HERE. It is truly my most favourite and beautiful place in the world. But then anyone bothering to read this feels exactly the same.

Happy Phil

dylan

Glad you settling back in the groove okay! roll on Sept!

Eileen

Phillipops...When I read you post a song came to mind.....'love is all around'..you are totally surrounded by it💝 xxx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

sandraandjim

Hi Phil, I just thought of a song - "Ten green bottles sitting on a wall" or on a table in Amouroudas!! (sorry about the spelling)  Hope you and Jen enjoy the rest of your week in paradise and hopefully will meet up with you again in July, we arrive on 24th which also happens to be my birthday, couldn't ask for a better present than that!! party time! ha ha

Take care and enjoy

Sandra and Jim