Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

patrickjohn

Hi Ang - according to the Arillas Forum Calendar Phil and Jen's last day was 29th July meaning they had 18 days in Corfu.
Sorry to hear about the fires, lets hope they get them under control quickly.
Thanks for the single beach picture, Eggy, no doubt re-batteried you will be able to do us a few more.  Camera batteries do seem to die with little warning.  Was at Powis Castle a couple of weeks ago and when I came to take my first shot the batteries died.  The spares were down a steep hill in the car - luckilly the National Trust shop stocked AA camera batteries so the day was saved.
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Cheryl2307

I hope they get everything under control and no one is injured or loses any property.  And I hope Wegg gets better soon - might have to share your aniseed balls with her, Eggs!!  I'll bring you some more in September.

Just seems to be bad news for so many countries and people this year, one thing after another, oh I sound like my nan now but you know what I mean, it's everywhere.
Cheryl O

Eggy

Think they are back in dear 'ole Glasonberee now and missing Arillas already.

These Forest fires , around Corfu, should never be under-estimated at this time of year. The area is like a tinder box now.

Tis a luvley 24 deg right now and time to unwind.

Arillas Today has much responsibility to look after locals and guests alike.
( If the locals enjoy then the guests have no need to fault it)
AND THEY DON'T ANYWAY

Negg

justphil

Sadly Ang, we're not!! We did Monday to Friday to save money on the flights so it was 3 days short of 3 weeks. Got back in the middle of last night. Had an incredibly good time as usual. More later. Sad to be back of course, but we're back out in October.

I bet Arillas is quieter today Eggy - missing the clank of all those Mythos bottles!!!

Phil

I also worry about the effects of the fire, and echo Cheryls comment that we only seem to hear bad news at the moment.

TerryW

I hope the fire isn't as bad as last years, when it surrounded the petrol station as you climb up the hill and 'S' bends out of Skripero. We saw the devastation two days after and a massive scar was left on the hillside. (I did a video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQk7GcuZLFc)

A few days ago I was reading a very interesting blog that was written by someone who lived at Skripero. It makes you realise how terrifying these fires are when they happen near to where you live.

Here is the blog ... http://corfubloggers.blogspot.com/2010/09/fire.html.

I just hope that the fire wasn't started deliberately like many others have been in Greece. Such a waste of wildlife and vegetation

Ang

Silly me Phil, should be more observant!! looking forward to the "more later".

Sorry for doubting your word Eggy, hope your taking care of Wendy, pass on my get well soon wishes.

At least I got the area of the fire correct, hope it wasnt started deliberatly - twas a funny old day for me yesterday.
Ang

vivian

Hi Phil & Jen, Its good to have you back on the board even tough its meant you leaving our little piece of paradise. Bet Joe is enjoying it and any body else out there at the moment, and im looking forwaed to all the reports. Our Michelle goes to Alykes tomorrow and is going to hire a car and go and see Arillas (if the children want to ) they have heard so much about oyr Dear Friends there that I can't see them refusing, and our Isabelle has said she wants to see little Spiro's.
Joe dont know if you are be going to read this but Joseph and Glenn and the rest of Mercury now on my facebook page. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Eggy

Ang
Never worry about doubting an Eggy. Time can move toooo fast for me.

Skripero fires have been sorted and, I'm told all are safe, and properites remain in good order, Credit due to experienced Greek fireman who can deal with it.
But, I'm told that many Olive Trees have been lost.

The Greek philosphy, however is, better to lose one/two trees than the person who looks after them all.

Arillas Today looks a cracker and, although 29 deg, on the weather marker, rain is being forecast? - WOTSALLTHATABOUT?

Twas n is a good day and will be a good evening for many.
(Bugger the weather marker!)
Cheers
Negg

justphil

Crying in my beer (you think I'm joking??) I'm not in Arillas today. And emotional about all the lovely messages from forum friends on here.

I am so glad that the fires haven't killed anyone, whatever has been lost. The material stuff can largely be replaced, though not all of the old olive trees. And thank you for the reassurance Eggy.

Today I am in bits. The twelve hours of hell called air travel have taken their toll on me, and I was just as ill as usual when we got back. But now I'm better, I have Arillasitis, wishing I had never left. And I am not alone....

Phil

Ang

Stop crying into your Beer Phil,it wont taste as good!! - you only have a mere 10 weeks or so before you and Jen return... so you can relive the past 3 weeks for another few weeks on here and as if by magic you will soon be back on that plane returning home - though I dont quite know how it ends up being a 12 hour journey for you lol - as you only live an hours drive from the airport and its a straightish road at that lol.
Ang xxx

Eggy

Phil n Jen - You 'lol 'ole tinkers you.
Living here you can go 6/10 weeks without seeing the peeps who mean so much

So, You're on holiday now and back home soon. Life's a bummer!

Arillas today will try and be the same Arillas tomorrow,and the next day etc,etc, and the Mythos will continually be re-stocked by all.

What do Mythos and Arillas have in common? Plenty of each to go round for all.

I'm not even going to tell you about the 31deg we have at 7pm. (Tooo Cruel)

Be well super peeps. ( I'll organise a hot water bottle for the bench in Sept!)

Negg

vivian

10 whole weeks how terrable what date does that make it Phil, Ive got a feeling we might actully meet at last. Eggy we need to make sure we get together for a meal this time, I havent seen Wendy for a year come October and it seems much longer then that. Hope she is coping well with her broken hand and is getting a load of help from you. Love Viv & Pete

Stay Nude it ante rude

justphil

Sorry to do a conversation on Arillas Today - I started this.

Ang luvver, by the time you've stressed with packing, luggage weight to get the cheap ciggies and all your possessions in, waited for the transfer and done the "goodbyes," spent two or more hours stressing at Kerkyra Kapodistria airport, boarded, flown for 3 hours, got through baggage reclaim, then Customs stop you, get the bus to Silver Zone to get the car, driven to Glastonbury, believe me it is 12 hours of hell!!!

viv dearest, it is 24th October we arrive - in truth late that night. Would love to meet you at last. Fingers crossed here....

Eggy it would be well cold by then!!!! Thanks so much for your kind thoughts - but as everyone on here knows, that is who you are. We are in for a heatwave here in UK too - 30 degrees next Friday they reckon.
So, You're on holiday now and back home soon.
You understand me perfectly.
YAMMAS!! Phil

JohnTheRef&Dot

Arillas today must have been fantastic.
People enjoying their holidays and locals enjoying their Sunday.
So much a part of it last week but, THIS WEEK I WAS AT WORK.
Never mind, need to earn the money for the next return.
See you there

vivian

Phil Luvver, we have to come back to England on 11th, can hardly believe we re going to just miss each other agaim. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude