Deepest Sympathy

Started by Mick and Jill, February 10, 2009, 06:51:26 PM

Glenny

Something to do with the license we were told.
I wish someone would water the flowers out front though.

Jo Wissett

It will be such a shame if this is left to fall into disrepair as has happened with Arilla Inn. Surely the seafront is a prime location.  I am amazed that nothing has been to tidy this up as it gives a bad impression to first time visitors.

MaryH

Maybe Kostas family are still too upset to deal with the restaurant as it is still recent since the tragedy happened - so I'm guessing in time it will open again.

Take Care
Mary

Sandy x

The tables and chairs are stacked up outside, which they weren't in May, but I can't see it opening now. I originally heard that Costa's sister was going to open it but she is cooking at Thalassa this season (very nice too).....unless of course there is another sister.
Sandy x

Ang

As the two are conected,Thalassa and Kosta's maybe the famalies have decided out of respect to keep Kosta's closed this season, maybe as their emotions are still too raw it would be difficult for them to trade and keep smiling when customers would be asking where's Kosta etc, not all the visitors to Arillas come on this forum.
Also it makes a bit of commercial sense especially if volumes/holidaymakers are down this season as Im led to belive.
On the other hand it may well be that there are issues with licensing, probate etc

My respect to the families involved.
Ang

Jo Wissett

I do hope that people dont think I was being disrespectful by asking the question? It is just so sad to see once beautiful taverna's shut up and neglected.

Eileen

Jo, I don't think the thought of you being disrespectful even crossed anyone's mind.  We all know you too well for that.  On the contrary it's a great tribute to the man that he's left such a legacy of caring customers who would like to see his business continue.

Eileenxxx

Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

dimitris

In a couple of days IT WILL  be open.
The reason why it was not opened yet was due to   bureaucratic difficulties  and less  to do with the thoughts above. 
  just watch this thread 
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
Learn About what the Locals want you to know while in Arillas

Erja

Good news then! Thank you Dimitris :)
Life is good ;)

Eileen

Great news.  I'll be dining there very soon then!

Eileenxx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

Ang

On the other hand it may well be that there are issues with licensing, probate etc

Thanks Dimitris I was perhaps trying to say the same as you "bureaucratic difficulties"
good news then folks....no doubt we will be popping in when we are over and glad to hear they will be opening soon.

Ang

Jo Wissett

Great news and very fitting to the memory of such a lovely guy.

Sandy x

Excellent news...a good excuse to go back this season!
Sandy x

justlynn

You mean you needed one, Sandy??

Janis

We are looking forward to dining there again in May 2010.  Our very best wishes go to Kosta's family and friends x