When is everybody going.

Started by sharonF, February 15, 2008, 05:00:19 PM

peter/cuddles

No sleeps leaving dover for Gatwick 1n 4 half hours going to be very tired on arrival but the beautiful arillas will lift me up again .

Sarah1

We didn't think we would make it to Arillas this year because we have had so much on, but we have managed to book a week from 1st October. Only did it on the spur of the moment this morning but so excited! We have only ever stayed at Tria before but they are full so we are going to Rainbow instead. Can anybody tell me what weather we should expect at the beginning of October please? Latest we have been before is first week in September. I presume the evenings will be cool?   
Sarah

kriopigi girl

Hi Sarah.     We were there last Oct and the weather was amazing. Blue skies, hot and sunny everyday. Got cool in the evenings but only needed a wrap or cardi.we are going 4th Oct this year and hope it will be the same.Say hello if you spot us xx

Sarah1

Sarah

Val n Bill

We arrive on the 2nd October, we have been to northwest Corfu (not Arillas) as late as end of October and we had one very stormy night.....We were in a hotel and had to paddle through floods to get to the  main building for breakfast!!! Then by lunch time it had all dried up and was glorious for the rest of the holiday.

If we have bad weather I won't worry.....We will be in Arillas 😀😀

Val x
The love affair continues.

justphil

We have often had glorious summery weather in the last week of October. That said, we once arrived to high winds (diverted to Athens) and a very rough sea. But even that week was much brighter and warm later. Cool in evenings/night.

Phil

Sarah1

Thanks all...yes I agree just being there will be lovely, but it helps to know what to pack, and to see the sun after a pretty poor summer for us in Cheltenham would be a bonus! X
Sarah

ValL

We always visit at the end of June/beginning of July or end August/beginning Sept.  Next year we have already booked for the end of August but are considering the start of the season at the beginning of May.  What's it like when everywhere is just opening?
Arillas visitor since 2004 🍹☀️

Eggy

Super , in my opinion, Valt.

Beginning and end of season is the time when owners have that extra "space" to spend extra minutes with their customers.
Don't expect big menus but big welcomes make up for it. That's how we always remember May hols.

Negg

MisterRock

I have booked 2 weeks for myself and Mum from May 6th 2016 and we're counting the days already as neither of us managed to get a holiday this year. Though I stayed in neighbouring Agios Stefanos in 2013.

We are staying at the "Kalloudis Village Apartments" :)

We would be grateful for any info or advice about visiting at the start of the season.

Also if anyone would know how easily accessible the "South Beach" is likely to be at that time of year for a 72 year old lady?

Yammas!
David and Barbara

JohnTheRef&Dot

Mister Rock, Welcome aboard.
The Beach can be a little hit and miss depending on the weather, Early May this summer saw North and South beach out of bounds but the central beach was accessible although at times very narrow, by July both Central and North beach were both in good condition and plenty of space was available for All although South beach continued to struggle throughout the season.

May is a great time to visit the days are warm/hot although evenings would see you wearing something a little more than in high season, as it can be a little chilly.   

MisterRock

Thanks for the warm welcome and info JohnTheRef&Dot :D

justphil

Welcome from PhilnJen too Mister Rock. Kaloudis is a very popular place to stay, and rightly so. Many will never go anywhere else.  It is at the far North end of the beach-front road, and has a wonderful pool. We often drop in for a beer in the afternoons, and stayed there in October 2007 - totally enjoyed.

As for 72 - there are times when it is so easy to get to the North beach you find it by accident. More often there is a wade in the sea, and sometimes it is just hard work! At ten years less than 72, Jen finds the whole beach a problem - her walker tends to sink in the sand! But we still find far too much to occupy us in our usual 3 week stay in July.

Haven't yet been able to do May and the fireflies, but that changes in 2016 when I will have retired. Many very positive reports on here about the time you have chosen. Just get into the spirit of it all and you will be coming back again, and again, and....

Phil

cypress

Welcome to the forum David.

The Kaloudis is a popular spot. This year, in July, I went for a breakfast (very good it was too) and everything looked spick and span. A short walk from the delightful beach and minutes from the centre of the village where you will both find everything you need. Especially friendly locals, beautiful scenery, and food to die for.

Ask away with any further questions, there's always someone on this forum that can answer any query about Arillas.   

When is everybody going? ...... 37 weeks for me! 

soniaP

Welcome Mister Rock. I have never been in May but like Phil says, I would love to go some time to see the fireflies which are meant to be amazing. Also the Judas Trees are out in blossom.

We have stayed at Kaloudis twice before and they are very clean apartments. Provided your apartment is away from the bar and the noise from it, you will have a fantastic stay. Unless, of course, you and your Mum find that you are one of the last people in the bar like we are now where we stay and now that our children are adults themselves and in the bar until late also.

I am sure you will love Arillas as it is not very busy but yet has enough tavernas and bars to give you a good choice of where to eat. There is also a couple of little general stores and a lovely bakery up the road if you are able to walk to it - it is about 10/15 mins walk. The people are very welcoming and adorable and the  food and drink is very reasonably priced. This will be our 6th holiday this year in Arillas and we can't wait to get back.