Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

justphil

This new Roving Reporter certainly beats Heineken. She really does reach the parts other Roving Reporters can't reach. Best Roving Reporter in the world? Probably..........

XaXa! After Heineken and Carlsberg, it's a shame that Mythos hasn't got a by-line that I could use in July!

Thanks for your reports Sandy meluvver. These little moments are so special to all of us who can only dream until we are there. Pics are lovely, but I only have to close my eyes to see what you describe. Please keep up the good work. xxx

Phil

Val n Bill

Many thanks Sandy...... lovely reports, stick to the Retsina though, two roving reporters on Ouzo might be too much for our little bit of paradise to handle. :)

Val x
The love affair continues.

Jo Wissett

ooooooohhhhh FEVER PITCH!!!!!!! :) :)

martin-w

Can't wait Sandy! See you Monday. Sun, sand fireflies, everything opening....heaven!

Martin.

justphil

Jo got it right. FEVER pitch. And for the second time we will meet her in Arillas. She might even have her clothes on this time. Or was that Sandy???? Sorry both. I have a memory of breasts covered in stars outside Marinaki wobbling on swings..... it changed my life! Er, no. They are just good friends, and always wil be.

Phil

sharonF

Thanks for the reports Sandy, wish I was there!

Phil, just loved your post,  :D

Sharon x

vivian

We landed in Corfu at 1215, Noufris was there to meet us, we got home about 1330 where Dirmetris & Splros were waiting for us. We were just about to unpack when Litsa appeared and we got more hugs and kisses. Once we had sorted things out we had a walk Round the block and saw Poppy and Spiros which was an unexpected surprise. Anyway we have slept since then, now going to get ready for dinner then going to the persecution of Jesus funeral which I will report on tomorrow. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Val n Bill

Glad you both arrived ok with no mishaps Viv. Have a lovely time, send us poor souls lots of photos and reports.
Twenty one sleeps before we can walk 'around the block'

Val x
The love affair continues.

Corfusoon

Arillas remains Hot Hot and feels like August weather-wise yesterday with strong sun taking it over 30 Degrees C on our terrace. I have a serious tan after this last week. Roll on our next visit in August.

More tavernas waking up every day in Arillas. I saw Vasilli with a team of men clearing the stream up near Gallini's. Work continues at pace all around the village. Young men on mopeds with large petrol strimmers are buzzing around the place like flies.

We have been busy gardening and refinishing teak at Helios Court this week. We are about to push the button on another project here. Our neighbour felled a number of trees over winter and this has opened up more of our sea view and a vista up the headland pat Arkotiri. So we are going to do more with our upstairs terrace to make it a space to linger long and drink in the views. Other than that we need to thin out a couple of the cypress trees next to he house. One came down across the road this winter. Thankfully no one and nothing was hurt.

Speaking of views though, we went up to the top of Afionas for dinner at Dionysis with its spectacular view over Ag. George's bay last night We had the place to ourselves and they were on a simple menu but we were really well looked after.

On the way to Afionas we passed through a lot of Corfiots preparing for there Good Friday mass. It made us consider how we'll they had fed us on what is a solemn day of abstinence in the Orthodox religion. Bless them.

When we got home the roads around our little church were packed with cars. You can feel the excitement building towards Easter Day on Sunday.

I do love this place.

Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Erja

Sounds like a dream...*deep sigh*

Have fun and enjoy all of it you lucky ones now in Arillas :)
Life is good ;)

adairsl

Erja
For most of us unfortunately a dream is what it must remain!.........but it is great to read about all those who are enjoying themselves now in Arillas.
The feelings of love and joy shine through.
For me I will just wait impatiently for my annual 2 week instalment at the end of August!
Oliver.

JohnTheRef&Dot

QuoteWhen we got home the roads around our little church were packed with cars. You can feel the excitement building towards Easter Day on Sunday.

I do love this place.

Arillas today brigs something new in every post, early season and a Corfiot Easter is certainly something those who are there at the moment are going to enjoy, as the next few weeks pass and summer starts to take hold I'm sure we will be kept in touch with events on a daily basis,
Our July visit has taken a back seat this summer and we are certainly going to miss our usual meetings with Phil and Jen or bumping into Eileen and Keith or Sandy's early morning swims at the Rainbow All the usual visitors we meet on a regular basis we are going to miss you all.

Arillas Today for us can wait and a late summer visit in September will I'm sure be just as good as high summer, counting down the days but still awaiting with anticipation for the posts on Arillas Today to keep us in touch with what will be another fantastic summer in Arillas.

ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAYS ...... ARILLAS AWAITS

vivian

Sorry folks you till have to wait tell tomorrow for Arillas today from me. Going to litsa,s  parents after fire works tonight for feast.Been so much going on. I reckon it could take a short book to tell all about Easter. Will get round to some of it tomorrow but photos going to have to wait as I forgot the connection Lee's. Viv x

Stay Nude it ante rude

Janis

So wish we could be with you, Viv and Pete :-(

See you on the 14th xx

justphil

Arillas Today is very warm, the exchange rate is stable at about 1.14, and various forum folk, such as viv and Pete, Kes and Kath and Sandy x  are enjoying hospitality and friendship during the Easter celebrations. Much has been made of the improvements to the sea wall and access to the beach by Kaloudis. Brouklis is fully open as some of the other attractions are. The atmosphere is one of optimism and confidence in the new season for 2013.

This report was brought to you by one who truly cares about the future of Arillas, but who is sitting at a computer screen in SW England, monitoring everyting about Arillas that he can, and to be honest, totally p****d off that he isn't there.

Phil
PS I've even finished my stock of Mythos.