Arillas Today

Started by Eggy, August 08, 2007, 04:30:35 PM

georgia

I think the independent route just needs to be promoted more heavily, because it does give the best value for money, direct short transfers and most importantly, more money ends up in the Arillas locality that we all love so much, and lord knows the locals work so hard[though they make it all appear so effortless] to give us the chance to recharge our batteries in this unique idyllic place!!!
Phil, totally with you on Tescos...will not darken their doors. I live in an agricultural area, many local farmers have sold their soul to Tescos and are suffering greatly as a consequence. They ask them to grow a certain product, then they do a 'buy one get one free' and the farmer then only gets paid half the price. Our neighbour whose family has farmed here for 150 years is 70 as is his wife, they are tied into a contract with Tesco and they are both out working 12hr days, their 2 sons are working in factories as their father is not making enough to pay them a living wage!!! We are not a third world country...are we??? It is a very dangerous thing to let any large corporation create a monoploly.

Eggy

A very wet Arilllas today y'all with a mini dry spell around 2 pm ish.

But... a long session at Rainbow in Arillas this PM with the company of Sammy + Joe and of course Lindy Pa nd Mal plus Capt Bob, Afionas, with Jebbo and daughter also enjoying life as it should be, ( Plus other faces I know but no good on names )

4 Pm ish, the skies openened and fierce wet stuff was the name of the game.
But......Everyone well, Ouzo n Beer flowed pleasantly and was disposed off just as politely with the etiquette you can only learn by experience.!
(6:40 pm and home to a very patient Wegg who knows me so well .Bless her.

Bottom line. Loadsa Rain which was outnumbered by loadsa good company.
Twas good for me and hope twas good for them.
Cheers
Negg

riggers

Sounds good to me Neill....i know where i would have rather been.

riggers.

justlynn

And me..............

lynn xx

Ang

me too,I have really missed arilas this year must make sure it dont happen next year
Ang

jebbo

Can confirm that today in Arillas was rather wet and wild... but a good afternoon was had at the Rainbow with Eggy and friends.

I still love October in Arillas... so much better than the wet weather in the UK.

Will post some pics when I have them available.

More to follow when links allow.

Jebbo (and Daughter)

Sara

I too can confirm that Arillas was very wet & windy this morning.
Our flight home was at 13.45 & I thought we might be delayed. Two or three of the Thomson incoming flights were diverted to Thessoloniki [sorry about the spelling] because of the bad weather conditions in Corfu. The passengers in the departure lounge were facing a long delay, BUT our Easyjet flight to Bristol was just 15 minutes late taking off & the flight was O.K.

Sara

Villa Theia is available rent. For more details see:-
www.villatheia-corfu.com
www.holidaylettings.co.uk/76640
www.facebook.com/pages/Villa-Theia/191205544226658

justphil

We too love Arillas in October, jebbo. The sea is warm, the locals are free to natter for a while, some places like the Rainbow soldier on (to quote our Sandy) "till the last plane leaves" so there is always somewhere to eat and spend time. And now both Amourada and Akti open all year. We had a great time in Thalassa October before last.

Just read our Eggy's report - a great afternoon in the Bow.

QuoteEveryone well, Ouzo n Beer flowed pleasantly and was disposed off just as politely with the etiquette you can only learn by experience!
Well, I am applying to become an apprentice. I hope it takes my whole life practising. I don't want to qualify, just keep practising...

As for the weather, bring it on. I have cooked in 50 degrees, shivered in nights near zero, watched spectacular storms and seen pictures of tornados. The high season in Arillas is guaranteed to be sunny and hot. But I justlove the rest too.

Thanks Sara, jebbo, Ang, Lynn, riggers and Eggy for your posts. justphil justloved reading them.

justlynn

Quote from: justphil on October 17, 2009, 12:41:32 PM

Lynn medear, I'm afraid that Jen and me might not bother filling in the holes... too much like hard work!! P'raps that's why we watch the darts rather than play. The thought of all that Polyfilla makes me come out in a cold sweat!!

Take care all
Phil

Lol, Phil!  I thought seeing as we bought a professional board with a cabinet just like the one in the Nut, we wouldn't really be hitting the wall at all........

That was until I wanted a double 3 .........  No protection at all UNDER the board.  Eggy will know what I mean!  The wall now looks like a pin cushion, perhaps I'll have to get a peg board to put under the cabinet.   :)

lynn xx

jebbo

After the torrential rain of Friday and Saturday, Yesterday and today have been lovely.

Spent a significant part of the afternoon sitting at Ammos enjoying the sunshine (and the beer) and just watching the world go by.

A real sense of "end of season" here now. Many people left today and almost nobody arrived. Even the Rainbow is closing today and the whole village is slowly going to sleep.

The weather forecast is good for the next few days so I am looking forward to just chilling out on or near the beach and enjoying the last few days in Arillas for this year.

Take care all...

Jebbo (and Daughter)

riggers

Thanks for the update Jebbo. Sounds very peaceful....

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

riggers.

patrickjohn

Glad for you Jebbo (& daughter) that the sun has returned to Arillas.  As Riggers said, its sounds very peaceful, and just right for a laid back break.
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

sharonF

Thats sounds so peaceful and chilled, great.

Sharonx

justphil

Wish we'd managed it. Instead I've ended up decorating the spare bedroom. Aaaaargh!

Enjoy a peaceful Arillas jebbo - it's really quite special, isn't it?

Phil

jebbo

Hi justphil,

For anyone who has not been here in October it is difficult to describe just how peaceful and relaxing Arillas is at this time of year.

Moved my afternoon location from Ammos to the Marina Pool Bar and had a very enjoyable couple of hours supping some beer and enjoying yet more sunshine.

Daughter has gone to Corfu Town shopping, so no doubt a(nother) new handbag to show off later. Glad she has her mothers money and not mine... that girl could shop for England :-)

Weather for tomorrow is looking really good so planning a beach day, but for now I will sit in the sunshine on my balcony at the Brouklis and enjoy a peaceful beer before dinner.

Drinks planned for later in the 'Nut' with some good friends.

Eggy.. If you are around tomorrow afternoon maybe one more Ouzo before we leave on Thursday? that is if Wendy has given back your late pass or course ;-)

Hope you all don't feel to depressed back in the UK. Remember the new season in Arillas is only a few short months away.

Take care all.

Jebbo (& absent Daughter)