Flights for 2009

Started by raff, October 03, 2008, 02:58:06 PM

raff

Has anyone managed to getting any good deals on flights for next year?  Weve been looking, but they are very expensive.  Over £500 each at the moment, thats for July "09".  We did book November last year.  That was with XL, so thats out of the question!!! We always fly from Birmingham. Fingers crossed.

TerryW

Hi Raff,

I booked last July for June 2008 through www.avro.co.uk. We are paying about £215.00 each with Monarch and that includes meals. The flight is at 6.30am and the return at 12:45pm.

Here are today's prices:-

Outward:  Mon 29 June 2009

06:30 Depart Birmingham (BHX)

11:45 Arrive Corfu (CFU)

Monarch Airlines MON1642
         Return: Mon 13 July 2009

12:45 Depart Corfu (CFU)

14:15 Arrive Birmingham (BHX)

Monarch Airlines MON1643
         £256.00 (per person)

Leamington seem to be doing OK again. I will have to get to Harbury Lane to see them at some time.

TerryW

Melissa_x

The past 2 years we've been we flew with Thomson and their flights were around £250 probably be more this year with the credit crunch n fuel prices but I cant see them being any more than £300, we're booking next week so I'll let you know
TOO excited for my long awaited return to Arillas - Sept 2016!! :-D

raff

Thanks, will try avro and see what the prices are!Not holding much hope at the present. £250 I can live with.
Terry, just got back from Leamington's game.  They were home to Chesham, good win 2-0.  Eight unbeaten.

justphil

Thanks Terry. We just found June flights on that site bookable now from Bristol (our local) for £256. Shame is we have other plans and not holidays. We would have booked today otherwise. Just shows there is still a way to get to Arillas.

Phil

kevin.g

hi all
same here mines about £250p/p at mo ,,holding out for easyjet prices ,then its all go...........looking at 5/6/09-15/06/09.....see you there ......yammas

riggers

Should see you there Kevin. We go 8th/22nd june.

Yammas.

riggers...

tracey&peter

I have found £225 for 18th May 1 week and £260 each 7th sept - 21st both with monarch from Bimingham. think we are booking these shortly - they will only go up I am sure.

Tracey x

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Lisa and Steve

Might see you riggers.Have booked second two weeks in june at work but not booked any flights yet.

raff

Just checked out Avro.  Flights for 27th July-17Aug still over £500.  Will have to wait a little longer.

Dave n Anne

We were booked with XL for next year 26th june to 9th july . Still going but will wait for Easyjet to bring there prices out , Long way from Derby but if it is'nt worth while (price wise) we will look at other options . BUT WE WILL BE THERE .

Yammas

Dave n Anne

riggers

It will be fantastic to see you again Lisa, but you must stay off my Bed.  :D

riggers.....

blondegirl

Just might see you out there Lisa... will probably be for 10 days though depending on things here.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

MicK-G

I've paid the full price for the August Holiday that we're having but I'm waiting to see if I can get a better deal for the Whit week holiday.

wayne

booked my flights with thomas cook for next year from east midlands departing 25th may at 10:30am returning 1st june at 16:40 the cost was £320 each not cheap,but as i lost £500 to XL cost did not really matter.