Places to visit around Arillas, by feet or wheels.

Started by Eggy, November 03, 2008, 04:02:40 PM

martin-w

Hi Barry,
I have always wanted to visit that little bay. According to my map 'walks in north west Corfu' there is a path from Afionas down a rather steep cliff to get to it on foot. Maybe I'll have a go this year if I can get someone to come with me! Looks great.
Yammas,
Martin.

TerryW

The quality on the video is really good Barry, and its made me want to take a boat even more. How about posting a big clip instead of a little clip.

I think Theresa might be right to call it "Porto Torino" because "She knows you know".

Its nice to see that you are the true gentleman doing all the hard work, steering the boat, filming etc whilst all the others are just relaxing in the sun.

TerryW

TerryW

Barry and PaulC may find this film about the British Cemetery interesting.

MaryH

Hi Jen
It's lovely to see you posting again - I loved the video you found it's my favourite as I loved watching those men dance and Zorbas theme I can listen to it over and over again -Oh I wish I was back in Arillas.

Take Care
Mary

justlynn

Hi Terry and Barry,
Thanks for all the great video clips - I've really enjoyed watching them all.

Hi Martin,
We tried the steep path from Afionas down to Porto Timoni in September 07, and all I'd say is that it's fine if you are really steady on your feet and have a good head for heights!
The bays are indeed lovely, but following this, Colin said if he ever returns to Porto Timoni it will be by boat!

And justjen,
I agree with Mary - it's great to see you posting again!

Yammas to all,
lynn xx

vivian

I will never forget the first time Pete and I went to Porto Timoni, Kostas turned up in his boat and was telling his friend that was the only way to get there, then he saw me sitting on a rock in the sea and told his friend that I was a mermaid, and that is what he continued to call me because he said my legs were to short to have clamberd down the goat path. What a lovely memory I have of that big smilely man. Going to get a boat in May instead of walking. lol Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

vivian

Just watched Barry,s little bit of video very good, but im pleases its never been as busy as that when we have been there. Have any of you ever been to the little chapel if not it;s well worth a visit. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Ivan

On page 2/3 of this thread there was talk of a language school starting opposite the Tria. Does anyone have any more details or even better a contact?
                                   Thanks,
                                            Ivan

vivian

Hi Ivan, Glad you have asked that, I kept saying I was going to try and find out and never got round to it, think it was Eileen that first mentioned it to me. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Eggy

Ivan - Vivian

I was there today. It has a great D.I.Y shop underneath now so it's like a 2nd home for me! I'll find some details and get them posted.

We're going to Jean Walsh's exhibition this weekend and will take the camera.

Cheers
Negg

Maggie

A D.I.Y.Shop???????? Isn't enough that there is one at the back of the bakers????/
I was hoping for something more interesting.......

Maggie

Sorry, that last post sounds a bit mean! I'm happy that a new business is up and running, only I'm not that keen on D.I.Y.shops. This is my opinion only, I'm sure other people love them. (my hubby included.)

Ivan

Neil, thanks for that, I'll await eagerly!
                                  Ivan

TerryW

A video about Avliotes.

We are at the old village of Avliotes. Enjoying a Greek coffee and ouzo at Hilias bar. Have a look how he makes the pita and souvlaki. Try it only with the red Corfiot sauce. Spiros is showing what happens to all these abandoned fields with fruit trees.

Eileen

Oh yes Terry!  Illias is always worth a visit - one of my favourite places to eat in Corfu!

Eileenx
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB