Thomson strikes again

Started by Jim, February 16, 2006, 07:28:19 PM

Jim

I just got a letter from Thomson.Saying they are taking Bardis Sun Hotel off the 2006 brochure. Ihave been really looking forward to staying there.Does anyone know their phone no. or E.Mail so I can try to book with the hotel personally?

alex

Lisa and Steve

We also had THE LETTER from Thomson. I rang them and cancelled both our holidays.We have now booked with Thomas Cook and are staying at The Galini,which we are looking forward to.Thomson did us a fovour in the end as we have saved a considerable anount on the two holidays.
It isn't fair what they hava done to Aris and his family as they were ready for another season and now have been left high and dry.
We have made the decision never to use Thomson again and next year will try independently.

blondegirl

We are going to the Galini too on the 19th June for two weeks... Cant wait!!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Lisa and Steve

We are also going on the 19th june for two weeks.I have a feeling we might meet.Where are you flying from.

blondegirl

Lisa and Steve

I expect to see you then.We arrive at the ridulous time of about 7.00 am so might be a tad tired unless able to sleep on the aircraft or coach.

Lisa and Steve

Have managed to change our flight times,at a small cost.we should now arrive before midnight on the 19 th and don't have to hang around till the early hours with no room.So much happier.

blondegirl

Last year when we flew to Corfu we had a very early morning flight and was supposed to arrive at 11.30 a.m. but they wouldnt let us land as they said they already had too many land that morning (dont they know that in their schedules?),  anyway, we circled around for about an 1 hr and then shot off to Brindisi - Italy for refuelling then back to corfu - all in all took about 1.5 hrs, so when we landed at Corfu we were so behind. Then the chaotic hassle of looking for your bags on 1 carousel and the transfer was only 40 mins at tops.  By the time we got to our accommodation we were so done in we staggered to the local shop got some eats and went to bed. Wot a waste of a day!  So.... this time we thought we would travel during the night, arrive in the a.m. unpack and spend the afternoon on the beach.  No such luck.... we got a letter saying that our flight had been changed to guess when? Same as last year! 6.26 a.m. arrive 11.30 a.m. so with a looooong transfer on top it is going to do my head in,  so taxi it is instead. The best thing is that I have just noticed that our original flight was Monday 19th at 22.55 arrive TUESDAY (which I didnt realise, thought it was Sunday night we left and arrived Monday) 03.50 a.m.  When we leave Corfu it is a Monday at 20.50 and gives us a bit longer in the day.  Whatever.... it wont matter on the day - cant wait anyway!

Have you been to Corfu before?

Lisa and Steve

Yes.Usually with Thomson but never again.We fly out of Stansted at 14.55 so we should be in resort around 11.00.Time for something to eat,a few drinks then bed.So by the next morning we should be ready for a day by the pool.Will keep eyes open for you arriving.

See you in June.