No webcam

Started by Ray and Sally, May 14, 2014, 07:40:18 PM

Val n Bill

Soak it up Sandy......tomorrows picture is no comparison. Unless of course the web cam is fixed.

Val x
The love affair continues.

dimitris

The webcam is not fixed yet...
but we have created a replacement untill we will find a solution  for the Arillas webcam.

AKIS ( from mathraki Apts) and Spiros (from Thalassa restaurant) offered to work and host the replacement camera just outside Thalassa  ..  a big thanks to them!!!!

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
Learn About what the Locals want you to know while in Arillas

Steve & Carole

Looking as beautiful as ever. Roll on next June!

indigo648

Thanks Akis and Spiros have a good winter

justphil

Many thanks to Akis and Spiros!

Phil

Val n Bill

Many thanks to Spiros and my lovely boy Akis, and thank you both for showing us a beautiful sunset tonight.

We all know that everyone will be working hard to get the webcam up and running as soon as it is possible.

Val x
The love affair continues.

TerryW

Its very difficult to manage and install a webcam and also very expensive.

An ideal camera would be an  Axis 213 network camera PTZ ( I think that's what Dimitris said and he doesn't know that I was going to do this post)

https://www.casetac.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=257364&currency=GBP&language=en

As you can see it is very expensive.

After having the pleasure of seeing the webcam pictures, nearly everyday for over seven  years and at no cost, I feel that a donation would be money well spent for many more years of pleasure.

This is just "thinking out loud", at the moment, but how would other members feel about donations towards a new camera. Or is there a rich person who would like to sponsor one. These ideas are entirely my own but I would love to think that I had contributed towards a new camera.

Also, someone on the forum may have "connections" with an audio/visual company who could do a good deal on a camera.

I think something like  €50.00 would be a good contribution for something that gives such pleasure. Thats less than 12 pence a day.

What do you think?

Jo Wissett

Well after many a day gazing at the webcam pic I would be more than happy to contrubute. Many forget that Dimitris runs this website in his own time at probably considerable cost.

Eggy

I never certainly never realised the price of these cameras.

Tis an "eye opener" indeed.

Negg

soniaP

I must admit I thought it was owned and run by the Horizon Hotel as a lot of hotels have webcams on to promote their business.
I also have to admit to having a love/hate relationship with the webcam as it is a bit like now having everything at our fingertips in that it can take the excitement out of things and it becomes no longer as special. Don't get me wrong I never tire of looking at the beautiful sunsets. Its like before DVDs n netflickd we used to have to wait til Christmas every year to see our favourite films like the wizard of oz every Christmas eve - somehow being able to watch it anytime takes the speciality away from it. Having said that I still can't help but look - at the webcam that is.

Eggy

Good food for thought , Sonia.

Do y'all know that the price of that webcam, in euros, relates to the price I paid for dear 'ole Punto.

Negg

JohnTheRef&Dot

QuoteDo y'all know that the price of that webcam, in euros, relates to the price I paid for dear 'ole Punto.

You were robbed Neil, you were robbed.

Eggy

Still thinking about these Webcam prices and possibly more food for thought or maybe not.

So I am told , the average profit on a beer, for a Taverna/Bar owner is between 40-65 cents, dependant on their prices to attract customers.

Assuming 5 local Taverna/Bar owners shared the cost of a new webcam they would each  "donate" their profit from approx  810 beers sold during the Summer.

So, a big well done, Dimitris and all local bars , shops etc etc who take part to keep all informed via this service plus look after all guests in many many more ways.

Negg

Jo Wissett

Well it seems to be back in all its wonderful glory! Liking the new view as well!

Truth

I have NEVER looked at it , not once !!!!  Yes , I know , WOTSALLTHATABOUT ?
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......