Arilas in May

Started by Northerndave, April 04, 2014, 07:24:15 PM

Northerndave

Thinking of returning to Arillas and wondered what Bars, shops and restaurants would be open in the first week in May ?

Truth

The vast majority , if not all of them , I should think but someone more knowledgeable than me on the subject should confirm that soon I would think. . . . .
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

justphil

It used to be a slow start to the season, but this year there is a move to open for Easter, and more than ever before will be open at the beginning of May. I will ask around when I'm there next week and post whatever I discover about plans for this May.

Phil

hippopotandmouse

Amourada, Arillas Point, and Marvel will definately be open, as they have been all winter, as is the Night Owl in Afionas.
Litharo Pizza has been open fri and Sat evenings in winter, so pretty sure will be up and running.

Sharon's pool bar at Marina hotel was open in April last year, and am pretty sure that by start of May Malibu, Coconut and Rainbow were open.

As Phil says, there is a push to open earlier this year, so think you will have plenty of choice of places to eat and drink

Northerndave

Thanks all, unfortunately, due to a c*ck-up by Thomsons, the original holiday I was going to book was released to another person who got a great deal.....so it's miserable May in the grey UK !

(sob)

Eggy

Jus to add further pain , Dave......

Spoke to Thomas and Vavillas should be open by the mid April, if not before, and Rainbow and Tria Adelphia target the 1st May. Night Owl are trying their best to be open, every evening, for food, by next Monday.

Negg

Truth

Its a wounder is that Dave :-(
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

justphil

I know I shouldn't make it worse, but tact and diplomacy were never my strong suits. Everywhere is being painted and everyone we meet is covered in paint. But we have had some seriously good food and hospitality here in early April. The Marvel pool is now ready and waiting (too bladdy cold for me but Jen has plans to be in it before we leave.) A German couple were running around Arillas today looking for somewhere to eat. Bless her, kiki at Armourada gave in and fed them. She is the original earth-mother that they dream about in Glastonbury.

Being here out of season is either a choice like Jen and me make and muck in and share, or a mistake. We adore our times in high season, but we crave for the peace and joy we get in the times like today.

Phil

Northerndave

Thanks all, I'm still looking feverishly to see if the same deal resurfaces...hope springs eternal, and so does the Mythos !