food

Started by catherinestani, February 22, 2014, 02:24:10 PM

catherinestani

can u bring dairy and meat to arillas from england

Val n Bill

I bring provisions for a certain resident........bacon and cheese especially.
Best in your suitcase because it is then still freezing cold when you unpack.

Val x
The love affair continues.

catherinestani

i was thinkin of a cooler bag dont fancy it leaking on my clothes have u been recently thanks

Val n Bill

Last in Arillas August, I pack any thing that might leak in zip lock bags, toiletries, sun creams etc, the same bags can reused time and again and come in various sizes.

A cool box I think has to count as luggage and then reduces your luggage allowance.

Val x

Bella

Hi,

I have always been under the impression that it was illegal to take meat and dairy into any country and that only 'dry' foods were allowed like cereal but not sure where I got this from.

Just out of interest why would you want to?

Bells xx

TONYNEW

Why would you want to do that ?

Val n Bill

We have taken foodstuff in our hand luggage, including bacon and cheese, they have stopped and searched, but it must be ok because we have never had anything confiscated (except Bills Swiss Army knife). It was attached to his car keys. Lol

We often get searched though......due to the assortment of drugs that have to accompany me everywhere. As for food it's not for us...it's for a friend, I am on holiday :) and the only things in our fridge when we are in Arillas are milk and water, self-catering for us is an early morning coffee !!

Val x

justphil

So agree Val luvver. But our fridge usually also contains iced coffee and a bottle of.....

Well, you know what I mean

Phil

Val n Bill

Certainly do Phil, our bottle being Ouzo doesn't like being in the fridge, it just prefers  ice added to the glass Lol x

Val x

Eggy

You live here and various treats, like herbie sausages and bacon, gammon are required. Cheddar cheese, etc etc.- Im getting hungry now!
(So anyone with space in suitcase is very welcome!)
Cheers
Negg

justphil

We have brought in local Somerset cheddar for dear friends. Dimitris offered to throw it away, rather than deliver English cheese, but it was too late. OMG, was that @?x years ago? We were sitting with JohnTheRef and Dot when Neill and Wendy appeared out of nowhere. I wake up in a sweat these days just thinking about it.....

I feel sure that you would get stopped if you brought the whole cow with you. But I am glad to say that the Corfu security have prioritised guns, drugs and bombs. Sadly, British Customs target ink-jet cartridges and cigarettes. Lot of wooses....

Phil

catherinestani

thanks for the helpful answer just like to say everyone likes to do what they want on holiday we ave been to arillas 5 times so we known owe lovely food is there 

june

One thing to be aware of bringing a toolbox in hand luggage we had an ice pack confiscated as it was classed as liquid not sure if this still applies but rather I make sure I put shoes and anything heavy to make up 5 kilos of hand luggage each. My handbag must be included in the 5 and will fit into the hand luggage as only one bag each allowed.in the hold I can then pack the cooler bag with an ice pack and also freeze sausage and a tub of Clover to keep it cold and take some bacon.Could also manage a block of cheddar for a resident to enjoy. I only do a couple of breakfasts but love cooking it and sitting on the balcony with it each to their own.

Steve & Carole

Toolbox June?   Are you having a diy holiday?!

june

Possible as my husband has just retired from carpentry and has been known to ease a door or make little repairs whilst on holidays but I think it will only be a toolbox and a typing course this year