Jelly fish 2013

Started by Angela66, July 15, 2013, 06:04:25 AM

Angela66

Hi All

Apparently the BBC have warned of a jellyfish issue in the Greek isles.  Can anyone confirm whether this is an issue in Arillas right now please.  If so - are the stings painful and how do you treat them please?

Also - if there are some and anyone would be willing to get rid of them before a week today then that would be great (delivered tongue in cheek).

I was planning on my first ever sneaky skinny dip, John too, it woudl be disappointing to get stung in the nether regions on our first go!

Angela xx

Dai

There were quite few around last week and I know someone who did get stung and reacted quite badly. A visit to Dr Yiannis provided some cream which gave quick relief.

I saw two about four days ago and haven't seen any since. First time I've seen them in Arillas but it does look as if they've moved on.

TerryW

There were a lot of jelly fish during the first week of July. Myself and Dave (daughters partner)were stung, but not too badly. Be very vigilant if you have small children.

Truth

apparently urine (yes !) is a very good cure for the stings ...... 
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

TerryW

Quoteapparently urine (yes !) is a very good cure for the stings ......

I had heard this before but I don't think that doing it in the sea has the same effect :-0

Eggy

I have heard a rumour there is an "Old Friend" back on the beach, this year.

Be careful , he might sting you much more than a jellyfish.
(Wonder if urine will sort him out?)

Negg

Jo Wissett

Well seeing as this delightful individual urinates in the sea anyway, that should keep the popukation down somewhat!!!

justphil

Too much information!!!!!

I can confirm that Donuts are well and truly back in grubby hands, seen outside Graziella this morning.

Phil

Truth

This threads made me chuckle !  :-)
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Eggy

"Jelly Donuts?" - Maybe -  WOTTACOMBINATION!

A sting in the price and a sting when you swallow.

It's all an  in--"Convenience" for the "Public" - Maybe a urine joke here!

Off thread again. Anyway, checked in Sidari and no jellyfish there.
Barracudas frightening them away - So I'm told. - Someone complained but he didn't have a leg to stand on!
(I apologise now as I did have some bevvies in Sidari-I'll delete this post avrio)Negg

mythos_red

Baracuda eh!  I think I would sooner take my chance with the Jellyfish.  Wonder if the doc can take the pain away but leave the swelling behind:-)

Will be there next week on the nudey beach.

Sandy x

Not seen any......jellyfish......for the last few days......
Sandy x

Erja

Quote from: Sandy x on July 22, 2013, 11:23:12 PM
Not seen any......jellyfish......for the last few days......

Pheeeww...that is good to hear Sandy! :)
Life is good ;)