Favourite meal

Started by justphil, January 06, 2013, 02:19:05 AM

coys

Pat and I are going for the feta in the oven for starter monk fish followed by  yoghurt and strawberry's at Vavilas. Add a carafe of wine around 20 euros for two people. Think we need to book in future.

Barry.   

justphil

Well here are the results. If two were mentioned, only the first was included.

Number of votes cast - 40.
Number of main meals mentioned - 25.

Results for the forum members' favourite meal:

First Place  Vavilas monk fish  9 votes 
Second Place  Vavilas sea bream  5 votes 
Equal Third Place  Tria Adelphia stamna  2 votes 
Brouklis spit roast lamb  2 votes 

Results for the taverna serving the most of our favourites:

First Place  Brouklis  4 favourite meals 
Equal Second Place  Graziella  3 favourite meals 
Portofino 
Equal Fourth Place  Armourada  2 favourite meals 
Mirage 
Rainbow   
Tria Adelphia 
  Vavilas 

It is testimony to the huge range of great food available in Arillas, that 40 people chose 25 different meals in 14 different tavernas as their all time favourite meal. All who voted have eaten from tens to over a hundred meals from which they were forced to choose their all time favourite.

Not a scientific survey, but boy does it highlight one of the enduring attractions of Arillas. The food.

Phil

Eileen

Well done Mr Survey Monkey for generating a little fun and nonsense.  Also a pat on the back to the 40 who took time to vote :-)

Brouklis - what a worthy winner of the taverna serving the most favourites.

So what's for February...best drink?
Your holiday deserves a place like this...
www.villalinakis.com

https://twitter.com/VillaLinakis

Villa Linakis on FB

Truth

simple ............ ALCOHOL !  he he
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Jo Wissett

Pina Colada at Ammos...mmmmmm...

soniaP

Mine too Jo - except never had one at Ammos. Usually I get Pina Coladas from the Coconut Bar.

angiem

The first one after I arrive.

'Doesn't matter what or where, as long as it's ARILLAS!!!!

Chris G

A good malt over crushed ice.

Val n Bill

Ouzo over ice for both of us when in Arillas. It never tastes the same anywhere else.

Val n Bill x
The love affair continues.

tab

Have you ever tried Ouzo with cloudy lemonade Val n Bill? Its great as a long drink although it doesn't last long when I'm in Greece. But as you say it just doesn't taste the same back in Blighty
Tab

Val n Bill

Have had it with lemonade but not the cloudy one, we both drank it with water until a couple of years ago but as you get older your tastes change. Lol..the glass is usually empty before the ice melts 😃

Val x
The love affair continues.

Eggy

Ouzo should always be with water or maybe just ice.........
...... but I have just started taking it with Coca-Cola. - Hmmmmm! One has to experiment sometimes.

Ref Fav.  meals. - We make a point , over the Summer, to visit every place in Arillas at least once. - So many favourites , so little time!
(And then no Ouzo , it's always Retsina. - Ahhhh, Retsina - Puts a shine on yer kidneys and turns yer liver blue!)

Negg

Jo Wissett

Sonia my first piƱa colada mixed by Perry in the Coconut always is the best and he has it waiting for me but the ones at Ammos are extra special (don't tell him though!) the Horizon ones are also amazing. I desperately want to like ouzo (as well as olives) but I just can't ... Mick however lives or but usually has his with water in a tall glass and swears they are great for an upset stomach....hmm

tab

Obviously Mythos needs a mention, they even sell it in UK now but just like ouzo it doesnt taste the same here. Will be keen to try out these beers the micro brewery has on offer. Yammas!!

Eggy

Off subject but the Micro Brewery is well worth a visit and after a look round you can sit outside and try a few.
Negg