Horse riding

Started by ness44, June 19, 2012, 06:31:27 PM

ness44

Hi can anybody tell me if there is any horse back riding along a beach in or around Arillas please?
Thanks Ness

daisyday

Yes there is - we did a gorgeous trip in June 2010 (organised via Olgas Travel Agency) - 2 hours with a break for a drink after an hour (and to give the horses a rest).  First hour was through olive groves and the second hour along the beach where you also get your photo taken and the opportunity to purchase the photo at the end of your trip.   Transport was included to and from Arillas and I think the cost was very reasonable - about 22 Euros per person in June 2010. 

We plan on doing the same trip again on our 2nd visit to Arillas in Sept we loved it so much.   

ness44

Thanks daisyday.
Do you know if my 14 year old daughter would be able to go with the guide? I dont ride but she is a fanatic and would love to go.

daisyday

Sorry, not sure on this.   We were led in groups of about 10 and the owners or stable people were leading children at the front but I couldn't be certain whether their parents were also on the ride. 

Quite easy to book as all the travel agents in Arillas seemed to be selling the ride so you could check once you're in Arillas.  I'm sure places like Olgas would ring up for you..... unless someone else on the forum knows the answer??

It was certainly a lovely relaxing experience - it was just getting on and off the horses I found a struggle!  Not as young as I used to be :-)

Eggy

http://www.rodaonline.org/costashorseriding.html

Hope the above link works.

This one, I beleive, is the one which local Arillas agents can book for you.

Cheers
Negg