easyjet hand luggage weight

Started by DaisysMum, April 06, 2012, 10:27:24 PM

DaisysMum

Hi All

Thinking of booking easyjet from Bristol to Corfu in September.  I'm a bit confused with their hand luggage rules, is there no limit to the weight as long as you adhere to the dimensions of the bag/case?

Thanks
Becky

justphil

Correct Becky. They have a cage it must fit in but they don't get weighed. There has been a lot of controversy about whether the cages are accurate, but we have never had a problem at Bristol, where we almost always fly from.

Hope this helps
Phil

DaisysMum

Hi Phil

Thanks for the reply.

Our two cases including wheels are very close to the dimensions they state, so I might have to opt for something a tad smaller to be sure that they fit in their crate.  I would hate to get to the airport and have a problem.

Becky

Val n Bill

You will get more into soft bags Becky.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Sandy x

I often go with EJ just with hand luggage. Thye have never really inspected the size of my bag and so long as you can lift it into the overhaed locker, there is no problem.
Sandy x

kevin.g

lol
i always pack most of my attire in the hand luggage ,,giving my lovely wife more weight in the cases.................,,lol.grr..yammas

DaisysMum

Thanks to all of you for your replies.

In the end, we've decided to pay extra and go via the Thomson flight from Exeter on Fri 31st Aug.

Next year I'll try to be quick and nab the flights from easyjet when they first come out.

Becky

kevin.g

becky
thats good news ,,,we book as soon as the schedules are released ,,and early is cheeper with e/j ..yammas

Curt

I've just done the Easyjet thing and several people got caught on the hand baggage size !!
£40 extra if you get caught at the gate !!
On the return flight people were having the size checked at "check in" and then if its too big
I think it was £25 extra and it had to go in the hold ...
I suppose they have to make money somehow ??

BUT IT IS ALL WORTH IT !!!!!!

kevin.g

curt
i know,, i have a holdell the size stated by there web-site ,,so i have no probs ,,yammas

kes

Never had a problem with Easyjet...two suitcases to the limit in the hold and cabin luggage packed with all the heavy bits making sure all items are legal...

kevin.g

thats right kes
thats what i do put all electical and bottles in case and just clothes in the hand luggage to the max ,,lol......yammas

daisyday

When do the Easyjet flights normally get released??  Just thinking of next year... this year's already booked!

justphil

daisyday, they vary. But if you keep looking on forum, you will get the tip-off you need for your area. Book straight away to get the best deal. Worry about accommodation later - you will always find it, and usually in your first choice. And taxi transfers best arranged with your accommodation.

Our three weeks in July will cost just under £800 for both of us.

Phil

kevin.g

daisyday
keep a look out from the end of sept ,,as phil says book early sort accommodaton after,,,,,,yammas