Sorely tempted

Started by Alan and Jan, December 22, 2011, 01:05:07 PM

Alan and Jan

The pound has been creeping up against the euro over the past few weeks. FairFX are currently offering an exchange rate of euro 1.184 per pound. I know we don't travel until May but I'm getting tempted to get some euros now. The best we managed during this past year was euro 1.129 per pound. Quite a bit of difference thus giving us extra to spend in Arillas in 2012.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

TerryW

I've been thinking the same thing Alan, 1.18 against 1.13 would buy a few extra Royal Ionians

Erja

Mmmmmm....more Royal Ionian..... 8)

Life is good ;)

Truth

Same thoughts here as well !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

NicandJohn

Looks like a result of the trillion euros pumped into the euro banks earlier in the week. Personally I'll be leaving until the last few days before my holidays in june as I'd be surprised if greece is still in it.

Truth

I on the other hand think the opposite but I have been known to be wrong on MANY occasions !  I think Greece will stick with the Euro
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

NicandJohn

Looks as though Italian bank unicredit may be in trouble. If that spreads to others..................

himishere

Even some of the high st exchanges are offering 1.15 at the moment. I think the Euro will have to be made attractive to outside currencies to encourage more exchange. I think I will take a chance and hold on till nearer June.

Curt

I remember getting 1.49 to the £ .... 
So whats going to happen when the Euro turns to Drachma ?

I would love to see the Germans forced to change their currency to Drachma !!! lol

Geoff

I remember those days Curt - when I bought my land I actually bought in Drachmas! When the build started they were using dual currencies and I had to send my payments in Euros - I was getting 1.56 to the £ !!
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Sandy x

I remember getting 1.65 when I sent some of my money over....those were the days!
Sandy x

JohnTheRef&Dot

Noticed that Thomas Cook were offering  €1.20  at Merry Hill today near to where I work

Alan and Jan

Took the plunge and ordered our euros from FairFX today. Got 1.191 euros to the pound. Just our luck that it will keep going up. But want the heck we are on our way, well 69 days away but who's counting.
Alan and Jan

Eight letters, three words one meaning- Take That

Janis

We've not got ours yet and will be there before you, Alan and Jan - thank goodness you'll be bringing your profits with you - we will need the extra cash!!

Janis x

PS ony joking ...

vivian

We are in the same boat, we go home on 14th May. I think I might part with half our spends now and get the rest when we get there. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude